Monday, March 3, 2014

Life Update

I was going through my pictures and I realized that I haven't really blogged about anything since CHD Awareness Week. I blame school. :p I had 3 chapters to read, take quiz's and tests at the end of February. So I did kinda fall off the face of the earth. :p
We had a fun valentines day/week. I know that Avery wasn't really aware of the concept of valentines day. So I thought with this valentines day instead of starting with what is going to be the traditional gifts of valentines day, I thought it would be fun to do an actual gift for her. So yes I spoiled her. :p i found this cute little dress up kit with shoes, jewelry and a little purse and stuffed pink poodle for half off. She loves it. She puts on the jewelry and shoes and walks around saying "pretty". :) It's super cute.
For James I did quite a few things. I actually did the 14 days of Valentines for him. But on valentines day I had his lunch made and prepared for him to just take to work with a valentines card for him. When he got home Avery gave him her card that she "made" for him. :) I also "heart attacked" the door to our room and inside our room was a balloon for every year we were married with a note about that year and something that I love about him. So I guess you could say it wasn't a very glamorous valentines day. But it was fun and we enjoyed it. :) I guess the other reason why we didn't do a lot on valentines day is because of the big day we had planned the day after.
 We had plans to go to Salt Lake and meet up with our friend Dawn and spend the day with her at the Children's Museum at the Gateway. Avery had so much fun at the museum. It took her awhile to warm up to everything but once she did we couldn't get her to slow down. :)
 She loved the water, it took us awhile to get her to go look at other things. She would but then she would go right back to the water. She was soaking wet by the end of the day. :p
 She was a little unsure of this horse. but after she got off the first time she realized she really liked it and wanted back on. :) That's my girl!
 rock climbing with daddy
 She loves slides, so she was very excited when she found this slide that was just her size. She spent a good 15 to 30 minutes here. The slide and the swan below were her absolute favorites in this little play area.
 We were able to pull here away from the horse, slide, swan and water to take her upstairs where she discovered a new favorite thing. They had this model helicopter on the ceiling that you could make fly by turning a wheel. She loved it she just sat and watched it. Super cute. So we took her outside to see the real thing.
 This was the only thing that she threw a fit when we took her out of it. then she climbed right back up the stairs and in the back of the helicopter.
 I was trying to get her out and thought this would be a fun photo op.
 The helicopter had sound effects and everything. It had sounds of them bringing in a broken leg from a snowboarding accident. They also had the sounds the helicopter made as it was flying to the hospital. Avery loved it and once again threw a huge fit when we took her out and away from the helicopter. But we were able to take her to the next level and distract her with other fun things.
 After the fun museum Dawn treated us to dinner. we had such a fun day, Avery told us all about it on the way home till she finally fell asleep. Thanks Dawn for such a fun day!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

It was such a fun day! I loved it!