me breakfast and got ready for the day. We went down to my nieces house and helped her get ready for the BBQ and hung out with her for awhile. Then we headed over to my sisters house to have a BBQ. It was really fun. We ate first and then played Jackpot in the back yard...well I played till I get hit in the nose by the Frisbee then I opted to watch after that and stick my feet in the hot tub. :) When it finally got dark enough we went out front to light off some fireworks. We had a lot of fireworks. James and I brought some Byron and Jill (my brother and sister-in-law) brought some, David and Adam (my sisters fiance and his son) brought some and Kari (my sister) bought a huge box. We had a lot of fireworks...probably over $100 worth. Then the neighbors across the street had a lot of fireworks too so between the two we had a REALLY good show. We would take turns setting things off and there
was also a house in that neighborhood that had some illegal fireworks.So every once in awhile we would have a firework go off over our heads. It was crazy! We had our own little park show right in that neighborhood. It was great. It took awhile to set off all those fireworks so when everyone started to leave it was pretty late. James and I stayed at Craig and Erika's that night. Saturday was another nice and relaxing day...we haven't had very many of those so it was sometimes hard for me to just sit and not have anything to do. But it was nice to be able to relax. Later in the day we went to Byron and Jill's house to go swimming. I haven't been able to go swimming like that in a long time. The water felt so good. We played some games and just enjoyed being in the water. We got out for awhile to have some lunch and lay out and catch some rays. James didn't want to get sun burned so he took a nap in the shade. :)
Talk about lazy summer days. It really reminded me of being a kid again. It was getting late though and James and I told Kari that we would help her take down the Christmas lights that James help put in her tree. (two Christmas's ago. :p) We had to kinda pull ourselves away from the pool and the relaxation time with Erika and her family. But we also wanted to get home and have a date night that night. So we said our goodbyes there and headed to Kari's house. When we pulled up it looked like they were having a nice relaxing day too. Well James grabbed a latter and started getting in a good position to be able to get the lights without killing Kari's flowers. :) While Kari and I played with Rosko and got him some food and water. James got those lights really high up the tree. It wasn't a very big tree either. It was making me nervous watching him be a monkey and getting those lights. So I decided to go look up movie times online. After James was done everyone came in and I was just checking the times for some movies when David suggested if we wanted too we could all go see a movie together. The only problem was is that we had Rosko. But they said
he could stay there. James and I decided to leave Rosko outside cause we were afraid that he would rip up Kari's house/scratch up the door if we locked him in a room. So Kari,David, Adam, James and I all went to see Wall-e. James and I don't get to hear about a lot of the movies that are out. we don't watch a lot of TV and we only get 3 channels....that probably why we don't watch a lot of TV. :p We didn't know a whole lot about this movie...only that it was a bout a robot and something about that he falls in love. James and I really liked this movie. We loved the little robot noises and the story that goes along with this movie. It is about a robot named wall-e that falls in love but it has more then one message to it. I don't want to spoil the movie so I'm not going to say anything more. :) If you haven't seen it we highly recommend it. Well after the show we went back and found that Rosko had gotten into some kind of plant that left little burrs all over him and that he had completely destroyed Kari's screen door. It was shredded. James and I felt so bad. We kept apologizing over and over. Kari seemed ok with it. She seemed upset at first but then she seemed ok. So we cleaned Rosko off as much as we could and wrote Kari a check for her door and said good bye before Rosko could do anymore damage. We dropped Rosko off at home and were going to go out to eat for our date night and discovered that James didn't have his wallet. After searching we decided to call the theater. We didn't have the number so we called information and the reason why I'm writing this is cause after the operator got the number for James and told him he was going to connect him there was a pause and the operator told James..."By the way if you haven't seen Wall-e go and see it it's incredible. " We thought it was funny. Well James left his wallet at the theater so we grabbed mine and by that time a lot of the restaurants were closing so we went to Village Inn. :) A step up from Denny's. We were really happy we did too the food was really yummy. We couldn't believe it though we were in and out of the restaurant (seated and all) in about 30-40 min. The came the big crash..after a short walk. I think we all had a good deep night's sleep that night...Including Rosko.
2 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! I have two posts to do from this weekend, and I'm not sure I want to start because they're both huge! :) But I'm glad you did it, so you may have just given me the push I needed.
I'm sorry for the door, but I'm glad that Rosko is still a happy dog.
Sounded like you had a great 4th of July weekend too!! I'm glad you liked Wall-E. I've talked to a lot of people that didn't like it. I love Wall-E. I thought he was cute. You didn't tell me about your shopping spree at Old Navy. I hope you got some good stuff.
Post a Comment