Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Fun!

Well I am a little back logged because of that week I lost due to a horrible cold. But that's what updates and catching up is for right? :)
Dec 11- Two great things happened this day. Our nephew Nate decided to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was baptised this day with friends and family there to support him. Nate is such a sweet, light hearted little guy. It was neat to be able to support him in this big step. Congratulations again Nate! :) Later that night after the baptism my family came out for a little gathering. Once a month my sisters and I try to get together and have lunch, well with December being as crazy as it is. I thought it would be fun to do a family thing in loo of the sisters lunch. So we had our house packed with family for a short time. then after a quick run at Taco Bell for dinner we all headed downtown to the Christmas Village to enjoy some Christmas lights. It was so nice to see my family and spend that time with them. They all really seemed to enjoy Christmas Village and have a great time. :) my throat was feeling a little soar that day and then Sunday James said he couldn't even wake me up to go to church. I was sick Sunday till...well I still am but I started feeling a little better Friday. So Friday I tried my hand at getting some of my Christmas shopping done. I got a lot of it done before I just lost my energy and had James take me home. Saturday I was able to finish all my shopping which was nice, but I overdid it a little. :p Sunday Dec 19 was our Family Christmas party at our house. The house looked awesome thanks to my wonderful hubby. He was even able to clean up one of the basement rooms so we could have a make shift rumpus room for the kids to go play in. Complete with dart board, Foosball table TV, DVD, and video games. The kids loved it. I cooked a turkey again this year. I was really worried cause when I was seasoning it I thought I accidentally put to much of one seasoning...but it turned out really good. After dinner we did our White Elephant exchange. James was the first one and right off the bat he unwrapped a body pillow and a bag of truffles...this present was going to be the envy of all. :p The way we do white elephant is all the normal rules apply. If someone gets something another person wants it can be taken away. the only difference is we get "real" gift not white elephant gifts....if that makes sense. Everyone had a great time and it was a nice party. :) Monday (Dec 20) I tried out a gingerbread recipe my sister gave me. My first time doing gingerbread cookies....they turned out AWESOME! So yummy! If you want some come on up for a visit. :)

No comments: