November 28-
So this year I was actually very sick for Thanksgiving. I told James if he wanted to take the kids and go to Mom and Dad A's that I was fine with just staying home. James said he didst want to chance giving anything to the family. So we told the family of our situation and that we weren't going to be able to make it. A couple hours later I hear Mom and Dad at our door. They had brought over decorations and the finest plastic wear for the best thanksgiving table around. Then James said they promised to come back with Thanksgiving dinner once it was done. I couldn't believe it, I was so incredible thankful to them. True to their word later that afternoon they came back with a complete thanksgiving meal including the cherished Armstrong thanksgiving soup. I think this thanksgiving is forever going to hold a special place in my heart.
November 29-
I still wasn't feeling well, but James and the kids wanted to go see the family. I was fine with it as long as everyone else was. James and the kids headed over to Nona and Grumpy's for a fun filled day with aunts,uncles and cousins, whilst I slept. :)
November 30-
Today I was feeling better, which was good because the family was really wanting to do family pictures. I did my best to get my family in matching clothes. i.e. girls in white boys in black and tried to make myself look as presentable as possible. Then we all headed up to Pioneer park to take pictures. It seemed to be EVERYONE'S idea in the greater St George area. But we patiently waited our turn and got some great pictures. After the pictures we headed back to Nona and Grumpy's for some hot chocolate and dessert. The kids had fun watching Christmas shows while the adults gabbed. :) After awhile Nikki and Justin said they wanted to go see the lights at the Desert Gardens and at the temple. It sounds like a lot of fun so we headed there with them. I love seeing all the beautiful nativities from around the world and hearing the story of Christs birth from prophets of God. What a great way to start the Christmas season. When we were all cold and tired, we said bye to Nikki and Justin and their kiddos and headed home.
Sunday, December 1, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment