Well thought I should document this horrific event. Monday July 24th I noticed I wasn't feeling very well at work. My throat was sore and I felt a bit off. Honestly I didn't think anything of it. Then Tuesday came and I really started not feeling well. My body was achy, throat hurt and I felt very fatigued. Then I got COLD like chills running through my body and I was shaking and my teeth were chattering. My sweet kiddos piled a bunch of blankets on me while I lay in bed and Kilian even said "I'm your little heater mommy I'll warm you up." SUPER cute but nothing was helping. Then as fast as the chills came I was hot and throwing off some of the blankets. James took my temperature and sure enough I had a 102 fever. Tuesday night was absolutely miserable. I kept getting super cold or super hot, my body hurt so bad so I couldn't get comfortable. I couldn't sleep and my fever kept going up. At one point I checked my fever and it was 104. Honestly I probably should have gone to the hospital but I didn't want to and didn't want to wake James. I was able to get through the night and got my fever down to 102 but I think I only got a couple hours of sleep. Wednesday I took a covid test and sure enough it was positive. Next came having to tell people. I messaged work and told them I was positive and asked what the procedure was now. Rusti (my supervisor) said that I had to be quarantined for 5 days and then wear a mask for 5 days. She said she would take me off the schedule and get my shifts filled. Then I had I emailed my professor because I had a quiz and test coming up. She was so great too. She told me not to worry and let her know when I was up and moving and she would open the quiz up for me to take and focus on getting better. Then I had to let the RS president know that I wasn't going to be able to help out with the family history fireside. Everybody was so wonderful and helpful. and honestly the next few days were a total blur. A lot of medicine, water and Gatorade, a lot of time in bed either sleeping or trying to sleep. It was horrible. James ended up getting it too and then Kilian. But Kilian had it for like a day and a half and then his fever went away and he was back to his ol' self. James and I it hit harder than that. But I am back to work, feeling better. Just have an occasional cough and I get fatigued super easy. But on the mend and ready to put this all behind me. :)
My covid support team...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment