Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Hiking Adventure

 There is a hiking trail over by Kilians school that I have been wanting to go/go back to. We hiked the west side of the trail on Christmas Eve last year. But since then I wanted to see where the trail that heads East ends up. So this morning I had to take Kilian in to school because he missed the bus. I figured since I was awake already and "here" might as well check it out. It was a beautiful hike and a beautiful day for it. Dixie had a lot of fun and met some friends along the way. (Other hikers) Turns out the trail to the East goes up a different cinder cone which was a very steep climb. I made it as far as I could before I decided to turn around and go back down. When we got back to the fork in the two trails instead of heading back to the car we went down the west trail for a little bit. Its a fairly flat hike for awhile (till it gets to the cinder cones) and it gave Dixie a chance to get some zoomies out. It was so funny, she would start digging in a spot and then it seemed like she would get so excited she couldn't contain herself and she would race forward as fast as she could and then race back to me. She did this over and over for awhile till she really got tired. We got back to the car and both of us got a much needed drink of water before heading back home. 



No comments: