Dec 6: Since yesterday was red today I will focus on GREEN! Green is also connected with the Christmas tree which I will cover in a different post. Evergreens were used as a traditional Christmas tree (again I will cover in more detail later) for a specific reason. When you look up evergreen in the dictionary. It talks about "a plant that retains green leaves throughout the year." Or "having an enduring freshness." so to me when I think of evergreen I think of something being constant, reliable or like it said above; having an enduring freshness. So when you put red and green together you have the red being the atonement and green reminding us to be constant in the way of Christ. Or in LDS terminology endure to the end. Just like in the scriptures God first gives us a way then a promise. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can repent and return again to the father, through our obedience and trust in the Lord and as long as we endure to the end.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
25 Days of December
Dec 6: Since yesterday was red today I will focus on GREEN! Green is also connected with the Christmas tree which I will cover in a different post. Evergreens were used as a traditional Christmas tree (again I will cover in more detail later) for a specific reason. When you look up evergreen in the dictionary. It talks about "a plant that retains green leaves throughout the year." Or "having an enduring freshness." so to me when I think of evergreen I think of something being constant, reliable or like it said above; having an enduring freshness. So when you put red and green together you have the red being the atonement and green reminding us to be constant in the way of Christ. Or in LDS terminology endure to the end. Just like in the scriptures God first gives us a way then a promise. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can repent and return again to the father, through our obedience and trust in the Lord and as long as we endure to the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment