Sunday, August 11, 2013
Sunday Thoughts
Today in church at Relief Society we talked about relying on the Lord. She talked about how it's easy to rely on the Lord when times get hard. but difficult when things seem small to us. She said it's easy to think when things are at there lowest and we've done all we can to turn to the Lord and ask for his guidance and help. But he doesn't wants us to let him in only for the hard stuff, he wants us to turn to him for the "small" stuff. When He took the atonement upon him, it wasn't just for the major sins. But or all pain, hurt, disappointment. He had to feel everything to know what we were going through. Just like our kids rely on us, we need to rely on him. She talked about how that trust does take faith. Just like we have faith that rain will fall to fill our reservoirs and give life to plants. We need to have faith that no matter how "small" or how small we think it is. The Lord will be there for us ready to help, comfort and lean on. The Savior set the example for us in every way. Including having faith and trust in the father, relying and turning to him. This is something that has been very difficult for me at times. Sometimes i don't feel worthy to go to him or even pray. But I know that when you feel like that, it's the best time to pray and turn to him. While I was listening to this relief society sister give this lesson it helped remind me that when I feel this emotional pain that I can turn to him and ask him for help and peace. I kinda chuckled when this sister said "All it takes is faith and trust." it made me smile as I thought, and a little bit of pixie dust. But something else came to mind as I thought about this. If we have the faith and trust than God will provide the "pixie dust".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment