Okay folks lets begin shall we. :) This marks the 3rd annual Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week for us here at Our Corner (James and I :p) Now why do I do this again? It's because of our miracle Girl in our family. James' sisters little girl Abby.

For those of you who are joining us for the first time, you will get a chance to learn all about this little girl. But first I am going to explain a little of how this week is going to go. usually I try and make this a 2 week to 1 month Awareness period. However due to personal issues taking place in our life right now I am just going to do the 1 week. Today (Feb 7) through Feb 14th. I will have a contest with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes. This year I am making a change however. You can only win once and instead of showing one prize at a time I will post a picture of all 3 prizes. Entering the contest is easy. There are 3 different ways you can submit your name into the drawing. (So a chance to have your name in the drawing 3 times instead of 1) One way is posting a question in the comments here on the blog, I will be answering all questions at the end of the week. The 2nd & 3rd way is helping to spread CHD awareness. Post something on your blog about CHD and then put the link to your post in the comments so that I can go read about it. The other way is helping to spread awareness on facebook. You can do this by posting about CHD awareness, sharing my blog, or making your profile picture something about CHD. Please remember to tag me on facebook or post a link in the comments section on my blog, so I know to add your name to the drawing. I would hate to only have your name in 2 times when you deserve 3. These are just example and will only get your name in the drawing once. So there you are. Do all 3 and you can have your name in the drawing 3 times. Ok now the moment you've all been waiting for. The prizes. :) The 2nd and 3rd places prizes are....

I got this key chain from a seller on
Etsy. I chose this key chain for a couple reasons. First is because 80% of the proceeds goes to Congenital Heart Defects Family Association in Kansas City, MO. I really wanted to help out. Second is because it's Lego brand it means it's eye catching. Which means its a great way for people to ask about it so that you can continue to spread CHD awareness the rest of the year.

I had a watch similar to this as a prize last year. It was pink and was in memory of a sweet little girl who passed away. It seemed to be a big hit, quite a few people were excited to win that watch. So I chose to do another. I chose red this year because it's the color for Heart Awareness (which is recognize every Feb. all month long.) as well as the bracelets for Abby's Perfect Broken Heart. Now the big 1st Prize. I try to make this a grand prize type of thing since I really try and spend a bit more money. So here it is...

This is a
Sterling Silver and Diamond Three-Stone Heart Pendant on an 18" Chain. Yes REAL Diamonds. So there you have it folks the 3 prizes you can enter to win. Contest begins today and ends Valentines day at Midnight. I will announce a winner on the 15th. So start your question asking and get out there and spread the word about CHD. Also don't forget to check back here everyday to learn more about CHD.
6 comments:
Hello, What CHD does Abby have?
I have been praying for her.
I am 54, and have 2 Heart Defects, Patent Ductus and Absent Left Pulmonary Artery. I write about those and Pulse Oximetry testing in my blogs, and FB pages.
www.dianeheartquilts.blogspot.com
www.dianehearthearts.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000217943720
Not sure if this will work.
Abby, her mom and now you...you're all so inspirational to me!!
My 4yo was born with HLHS and has had three open heart surgeries. This heart journey he is on seems a little easier knowing about the older kids!
My question...what did YOU know about heart defects before Abby was born?
The last three years I have asked the mayor to officially proclaim this CHD Awareness Week in our town. This is how we have worked to raise awareness!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396209_3206996182669_1499103941_3036801_321244685_n.jpg
Thank you!
Chris, Eddie's mom
Hello! I found your blog from Nicole! You are so amazing for raising CHD Awareness! Love seeing people raise CHD Awareness and getting out the word!
I'm a 24yr old CHDer with Tricuspid Atresia, HRHS or "Half a working heart"/single ventricle repair.
A question for you... When did you decide to take action by spreading CHD Awareness?
I'm doing CHD Awareness Week blog posts all week on my blog! www.laurensheart.blogspot.com
Heart Hugs,
Lauren
Hello!! First of all, I would like to thank you for helping spread CHD Awareness. I am the proud mom of Ava who is a CHD Warrior like Abby. Ava had OHS 10/28/2010 at 23 days old for ASD, VSD x 2 and CoA. We are facing another surgery down the road for her Bicuspid Aortic Valve, but for now all looks good!! As with too many of our Warriors, Ava has some developmental and neurological issues from her fight. We are hopeful with continued therapy we will see that she reaches her full potential!!
My question for you is this...Besides blogging and facebook, what other ways do you and your family spread CHD Awareness (or raise funds for CHD charities) throughout the year?
Praying many blessings on you and your family. Thank you all for sharing your journey with everyone.
Heart Hugs!!!
Terra Gregory
PS: Here is the link to my facebook page, where all month I am spreading awareness loud and proud!! We are also doing awareness through our local school this year that I am very excited about!!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415854075
Hello,
I found out about your site from Nicole.
We also have a daughter who was born with TOF. She was diagnosed while we were still pregnant (10 weeks gestation), which turned out to be a blessing in disquise because she came over 6 weeks early! She ended up having a shunt placed at 4 days old & is improving everyday.
We would love to have you take a venture over to our site and find out more about her and our family.
shawnandnicole.blogspot.com
or
www.facebook.com/nlcasey
The question I have is kinda personal, so I don't feel completely comfortable posting it - so I'll pass on the 3rd entry.
Bless you for being soo supportive of Dear Abby and her family, I know how much it means to have someone there. Bless you!!
Nicole
Hi Kris, I am doing a couple of blogs about CHD this week. The first one is up now. http://sandecherry.blogspot.com/
I love that you do this every year, it reminds me to do it too.
Post a Comment