Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

This weekend James and I had the chance to go to Monticello and see my sisters twin girls get blessed. They blessed Rebecca first and then Elizabeth. (I have pictures of them but not with me so I'll either post them later today or tomorrow) As I was listening to Nathan give Elizabeth her blessing I thought about how wonderful and blessed we are to have the priesthood in our lives. It's amazing to witness these wonderful priesthood holders use that priesthood. I was so thankful and happy that James was able to participate in those blessings. A lot of times in my life I have either not fully understood the priesthood or taken it for granted. I still don't understand it fully but I do know what a blessing it is to have in the home. The difference it makes to have the priesthood in the home is very noticeable. Sometimes on my mission my companion and I would joke about how we wished we had the priesthood so we could give blessings. But I think if it was ever offered to me I wouldn't want it. It's such a responsibility and the power of the priesthood is so great I don't think I would ever feel worthy to have it. I am so thankful to James and for his determination in the gospel. Sometimes I do feel that he's to hard on himself. He's such a great person. Yesterday was also fast Sunday and since I'm a scared-e-cat I didn't get up and bare my testimony. But whoever is reading this I want you to know that I do know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know it has power, I have witnessed that power first hand. I can testify that I know the Savior lives and that he loves each one of us and knows not only our name by our desires and our needs. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father and Mother. I know we have living prophets today who lead and guide our church. This is my testimony in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

NikkiAWardell said...

I agree that we are indeed blessed beyond our understanding by the priesthood. Every single blessing we have, every ordinance both those performed out and inside the temple, the power of revelation, ALL the keys of the kingdom that our prophets and leaders hold...all this and I'm sure much more we don't yet know are all run by the power of the priesthood!!! Every good blessing comes to us by way of the priesthood. Thanks for your testimony as well!! Hope you had fun in Monticello.