Friday, January 22, 2010

Last Weekend

Sorry about the lateness of this post I haven't been feeling well. Last weekend was a fun one, It was the weekend of Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday, it was a 3 day weekend because of that birthday and it was our niece Abby's birthday. So what did we do? A WHOLE lot. Friday night I got to spend at my in laws house while James went to teach his class, we had asked Abby if for her birthday she would want a present from us or we could take her to see The Princess and The Frog. She opted for the movie, so with her mothers permission we started the fun Friday night. We picked up James then went home and played some wii games till...well not to late. The next morning was chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and some more wii fun till we needed to get ready for the movie. All 3 of us really enjoyed the movie, The music, the colors, and of course the classic Disney humor. :) I kept glancing at Abby during the movie to check and see if she was liking it...I don't think she sat on her butt once during the movie, she was either sitting on her legs, knees or propped up with her hands. We think she really liked it. :) After the movie we took her over to fat cats for some games then back to her house with some pizza for all. We got to play some games and watch the kids for Nikki while she ran some errands. Overall it was a really fun night. After we left Nikki's I surprised James by taking him to Dollar Tree for some much needed date night supplies...he had no clue what we were doing. The we went home for a date night/spa night/girls night out. :p By this I mean it was our date night but a spa night cause I gave him a pedicure and massage and girls night cause we had lots of junk food and a good chick flick...well sorta. We watched Dirty Rotten Scoundrels but still a great movie. :D Sunday was church and then over to Mom and Dad's for Sunday dinner and to celebrate Abby's birthday. She got a lot of fun stuff...including a new guitar from Nona and Grumpy with a teach yourself guitar book,CD and DVD. She was VERY excited. :) She had that thing on her the rest of the night...even through the game. :p Monday was her official birthday and she had plans with Nona and Grumpy. Well we had some plans of our own too. :) My friend Dawn came out and it was a scrapbook fest. SO much fun. I got quite a few pages done and my Mom and Dad's 2010 scrapbook calendar...that was suppose to be their Christmas present...oops. Oh well I get to see them tonight so we are planning on giving it to them then...so Mom if your reading this...act surprised. :) They fly out for Ecuador tomorrow at 3:00 AM and we wont see them till Spring of 2011. We love you Mom and Dad and we'll miss you.

3 comments:

NikkiAWardell said...

Thanks for Abby's birthday fun!!! She really had a great time! Hope your feeling better.

NikkiAWardell said...

I am glad to see I spelled your wrong!!! UGGHGHGH!!

Our Corner said...

LOL