skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This past week was a busy one for us. Thursday I had some ladies from the Relief Society coming over to help me
make french pastries for our R.S.Christmas party coming up. I have helped Mom Armstrong make these quite a few times but this was the first time I have done it on my own. Luckily my Sister in law Lisa came up to help out. With 6 ladies in the kitchen we all fell in a Pattern. Lisa and Marilyn frosting cakes Alice and Sister Walker coating them in sprinkles and putting them in the cupcake papers, Maria and I would frost the tops. We were able to get 90+ pastries done in 2 hours WAHOOOO! :) They looked really good. I have never been able to do those that fast. Friday was just an easy going day. James wasn't feeling very well so we just stayed home and took it easy. Saturday we had a big day. James had his morning class to teach and I had a chance to go to Gardner Village and meet my sisters Kari and Nancy for lunch. It's so good to see them. We had a lot of fun and got to catch up and plan for a family dinner next month. After that our friend Al came up to have dinner with us and visit. I haven't seen him since maybe since I left work at the printing division 4 years ago. So it was really good to see him again. After our dinner with Al we headed over to Nikki's house to pick up our niece Abby for......HARRY POTTER!!!
Her and I both have been talking about this movie for a long, long time it only seems right to go opening weekend. :) We got to the theatre good 30 to 40 min before it started and they had potter trivia. Abby got every one right and the people sitting behind us were getting a real kick out of listening to her. We also got to witness something kinda fun. While we were there there was a security guy standing by the door and a guy from the theater came out and asked if there was a...I think her name was Amanda. Anyway asked if there was a certain person, the girl looked kinda scared as she walked down but seemed in good spirits. Then her boyfriend came out of "hiding" and asked her to marry him. It was so cute and neat that we had a chance to witness that. The movie was SO good. I think they did a good job at stopping it in a good place that prepares you for the next but doesn't leave you hanging to bad. There was one scene that I REALLY think they should have left out...but other than that LOVED IT!! :D I actually think I am going to try and figure out a way to go see it again. :) Sunday was laid back as well. After church there was no dinner because of Thanksgiving. So James and I had a nice sit down dinner... then we went up to mom and dad's to work on homework. Great weekend..lots of fun. :)
1 comment:
Pastries look awesome!! and Thanks again for taking Abby..she had a great time and has been talking about it for the last two day!! :)
Post a Comment