Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Fun

First off I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween, we sure did. :D Ok so here's what we did.
Friday Oct 29- One of the other wards in our building was having their trunk or treat and because I had a doctors appointment we missed the one we were going to go to in South Ogden but Gavin really wanted to go so we decided to take him to the other wards trunk or treat. He had so much fun, winning prizes at the carnival and seeing all the fun costumes. The trunk or treat was a lot of fun too. After that we decided since we missed the pooch parade that South Ogden was doing with their trunk or treat to take the dogs trick or treating at Petco. Turns out that we were a day early for that so we just go them treats. Next was the Spirit store that has a small spook alley in the back. On our way into the store a guy dressed like Jack Sparrow was going in behind us. He called out to Gavin (who was dressed like Dracula) and said "Hey Dracula say trick or treat." Gavin laughed as he said trick or treat. The guy handed him a dollar. James and I couldn't believe it. It was a Sacajawea dollar so I don't think Gavin really knew what he had. We went in and Gavin and James took off to the spook alley. It took me awhile to get there but when I did it was a funny sight. Gavin was loving it. He kept running to all the different spooky looking statues and mirrors and pushing the buttons to start them up again and again. After a while my foot was really hurting so we took Gavin home and headed to dinner. When we finally got home it was so nice to put my foot up.

Saturday Oct 30- We had 3 parties today but I was in a lot of pain from my foot and multiple bruises from the fall and the crutches. So we canceled them all and went out to James parents house. Nikki and the kids were there already back from trick or treating. We had a chance to eat dinner then Nate and Gavin wanted to go back out. So James and I got in the car and followed the two boys and Nikki while they went from house to house. Occasionally getting to cold they would pile into the car to get warm as we drove to another part of the subdivision. It was a lot of fun watching them go from house to house. after awhile they started to get tired so we went back to mom and dad's. Shortly after we came back Nikki and the kids went home. James was working on some homework and I had brought some supplies to try my hand at caramelized apples with mom's help I think I did an ok job but overall I think I am going to leave the caramelized apple making to the pros. :p unless I get ambitious again.
Sunday Oct 31- Every year the Sunday before Halloween we have family dinner at our house and do a Halloween party. Since Halloween was on Sunday this year our party was on Halloween day. It was a lot of fun, everyone dressed up and we gave out prizes, had dinner and played some rock band.It was a really fun night. :) But I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. :)

No comments: