Thursday, September 3, 2015

August Update Part 2

Adventures with Avery are always...well adventures. :)

Avery accidentally locked herself in he closet outside our door. We heard her calling for help and James went to go check it out. At first he was confused because he went into her room and couldn't find her. When he figured out where she was he called to me to come see. The video explains the rest. :p We have been working very hard with Avery to go potty in the toilet, for a lot of reasons. :) One of them is that she was stuck in the 2 year old class (bumblebees) at her daycare until she learned to go potty all by herself. A couple weeks after I started work I was talking to one of the daycare leaders and we deicded to give her a day or two in the 3 year old class (dragonfly class) to see how she would do. She did really well and loved the 3 year old class. So she was moved over to that class and has enjoyed being there and learning new thing.
 This is her showing off her super cute alien hat that she made in her new class.
 And a parting gift from her old class.
But leave it up to my little one to get into mischief as well. One morning I was getting ready for work and Avery came in and said that she was out of snowballs. Of course I instantly wanted to know where she was getting the "snowballs." I followed her into her room and was greated with an interesting sight. First I saw the "snowballs" all over the walls and then I saw it on her books, floor, stuffed dog and vanity mirror. Then I found the box that use to have the cubes of margarine in it. Near as I can tell she used up about 2-4 Cups of margarine to make her "snowballs" Oh I while I was cleaning it up I picked up one of her bigger books and found the whole back side covered with margarine. I guess she was using the book to squish the margarine.
  This is the look I got when I told her to go wash her hands and arms. LIttle stinker.

When I got to work that day I told them I was So happy to be there and then told them the story and showed the pictures. Of course all my co-workers thought it was a riot; and I will admit that after the clean up and everything was said and done. I think its funny too, and a good story as well.
Another wonderful Avery adventure happened on Aug 15th. We were done with dinner and just resting when Avery came up to me and asked if I could get something out of her nose. I looked and saw something green up her nose.  As soon as I saw it I knew Exactly what it was.
Ever remember playing with these foam letters. Well the inside of the R was now shoved up my daughters nose. After James and I did all we could to persuade her to let us get it out, she just wasn't having it. So off to the Insta-care we go. :( Luckily it wasn't as crowded as the first time she got something stuck up her nose so the wait in the waiting room wasn't nearly as bad. Avery was all happy and chatty with the nurse and let her take her blood pressure and hopped up in the scale no problem and even all the way down the hall she was just talking, well like Avery does. Then we go into the room, I see the doctor and recognize him as the doctor who tried to take the cereal out of her nose last time. Apparently Avery recognized him too, because she immediately started to cry. The nurse tried to calm her down with a Minnie mouse toy but she wasn't having it. Then when he tried to look up her nose and well to get right to the chase we had to swaddle her in a sheet and then James had to hold her legs while the nurse held her arms and I got to hold her head. As soon as the doctor inserted the weird looking tool to get the foam out of her nose she did finally hold still and he was able to get it out. HOORAY! no trip to the ER. :) All of us were pretty worked up so we took a drive and ended up at the Snow canyon over look. I don't think James wanted to get out or anything but I really needed to clear my head. So I headed out to the cliff and sat and just watched the sun set over the red rock. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Eventually Avery and James joined me and we watched the rest of the sunset together. It was so peaceful, I really love Snow Canyon.

No comments: