August was a really good month for us. Aug 3rd I started my job at Dixie State University Dining Services. It was really nice to be back on a campus. :) By the end of the day I was talking with everyone and joking around too. I really love my job. August also brought A LOT of heat. days continually over 100 and the locals would tell us that it wasn't as bad as it usually is. On the rare cloudy days we would take advantage of the cooler weather by going for a hike. This one particular day James was taking a nap and Avery and I were wanting to get out of the house. So we drove over to this trail called the cinder cones trail. Avery and I were having a lot of fun, about half way up Avery said she was tired and wanted to go back. I didnt want her to get to tired and need me to carry her back so we turned around. Also I could see that James was really going to like this trail and wanted him to be with us.

















Arent these rocks Cool! You can see the movement of the lava when it was flowing. The geologist in me really loves all the neat lava rocks and, well just this trail in general. :)
We went back home for some dinner and to see if James was up for a hike. After dinner we all headed back to the cinder cones trail.
The view at the top looking down into the carter of the old volcano
There is a trail that goes around and down into the crater of the volcano, so this is the view from ther back side. At this point we were racing against the sun so we didn't dare take the extra time to hike into the crater.
A rock stack inside the crater.
Avery really loved this hike.
At the top of the volcano you could see over to Snow canyon State Park. We will go in someday. :)
Avery had a hard time going back down the mountain, she was really scared and kept trying to slide down on her bum. :) James said she had a vice like grip on his hand.
More neat lava rock
This is the volcano and we were on very top of that. I have been wanting to climb that ever since we moved down here. I can now check it off my bucket-list. :) This pictures doesn't do justice to the beautiful sunset that was in the background.
No comments:
Post a Comment