Tuesday, September 1, 2015

July Update

Yes I know I am very behind and I apologize for that, things have been crazy but they are starting to smooth out a little. Thank heavens.
After girls camp it took me a good week to recover and a lot of sleep. I had a nice birthday, James brought me some chocolate and a beautiful hibiscus flower that we planted in a larger pot right away. A couple days after my birthday I got an edible bouquet with a balloon from m in laws. Avery LOVED that. She kept sneaking into the fridge to sneak a strawberry or grape. She was introduced to cantaloupe and honey dew. She didn't like the honey dew much but enjoyed the cantaloupe. Here in Utah the 24th of July is a State holiday known as Pioneer Day. It was on a Friday this year so it was fun to have James for a 3 day weekend. We didn't really have a lot of money to go to any of the carnivals that were going on and all the other fun things the city put on. So we decided to head out of town and take a drive. We have always wanted to go to Kanab UT and see the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. We decided to go the longer route so James could finally show me Apple Valley and so we could drive through the famous Colorado City in Arizona. Plus again we didn't have money to pay the toll to drive through Zion's National Park. :p Apple Valley was Gorgeous, Colorado City and Hill Dale was a Joke. Then we got to Kanab and both James and I fell in love. It is the cutest little town with all these fun rivers and trails and natural springs on the outskirts of town. We got to Best Friends and were amazed at just how big it really is. I knew it was big because I knew they had cabins and camping on their premises, but I had no idea just how big. The visitor center had this cute landscaping out front. There was a nice big Koi pond with some BIG koi fish in it and around the pond the landscaping was beautiful with grass and cute animal statues. As I looked closer at the flower garden surrounding the grass, I realized it wasn't a flower garden but an actual garden. I saw carrots growing and lettuce, it was neat. We had just missed the last tour of the day but they had a cat in the lobby that Avery was able to play with and pet. James and I got more information about the facility and said we would come back someday for the tour. We drove around the rest of the property looking for this trail that the lady at the visitor center told us about to go on a small hike. We never found it and Avery fell asleep so we headed back into St George. We had a little bit of cash so we got some little Caesars pizzas for dinner and $17 worth of fireworks. :p The guy at the firework tent thought it was very funny that I literally had $17 to spend and no more. The rest of the evening was nice, we had pizza and watch James set off the fireworks then we loaded up into the car to head to the over look to watch the city fireworks. After waiting for a hour though with no fireworks starting we headed home for beds. Come to find out later that St George does fireworks for the 4th and Washington does the fireworks for the 24th. :p Live and learn. I kept having interview after interview and finally the last week in July I was able to get an interview with Dixie State University FINALLY! Their dining services was hiring a new scheduling coordinator. I had intentionally had Avery in the hourly daycare longer than I knew the interview was so that after the interview I could have some quiet time and visit the temple. After I got out of the temple I turned my phone back on and found I had a voicemail from Bonnie asking if I could come back in the next day for an interview with her director. I called her right back to say of course and then went to Avery's daycare to see if there was availability for her to come in. So Tuesday I dropped Avery off at daycare a gain and headed to the interview. It went really well and I felt really good about the whole job and atmosphere and everything. I decided to go to Swig (a local gourmet soda shop) to get a dirty Diet Coke and a dirtball (chocolate sugar cookie) before I headed to the daycare to get Avery. As I was picking Avery up I got a call back from Bonnie (about an hour of less after the interview) offering me the job. HOORAY!!!! That's the best possible way the month of July could have ended. Or at least the best realistic way. :p So I got Avery's daycare all set up for the next week and we headed home to clean, do laundry and enjoy our last full days of being home together before work and school started. :)

 Avery can make friends no matter where she goes, she is this cute social butterfly. When we were lighting fireworks a family came to check on their grandparents house. (the condo at the end of our complex) Avery immediately made friends with the little girl and her brother and started to run around and play with them. Before they left the little girl gave Avery these cute snowflake shoes that light up. We tried to get her to give them back but the parents said it was really ok because they didn't fit their little girl anymore. So here is Avery showing off her new play shoes. :p
 I love Avery snuggles. :) The little stinker snuck into our bed and this is what I woke up too. :)

No comments: