Friday, November 16, 2007

Tae Kwon Dizzle

Mr. Shaw had his first annual testing at his school and it went really well. He started them out with a warm up that looked pretty hard. there were people that looked like they wanted to collapse. I know I would have wanted to. :) After that he called them out by the number they were going to be under and had them line up on the edge of the floor. Then he had people come up and he would tell them a form that he wanted to do in the Korean name and they had to know what form he was talking about. James did 3 forms and one of those was chun ji or the white belt form. That's the form I'm working on. :) After everyone did their forms he had everyone do one steps then he had different demonstrations. He had James come up and he had 5 people form a circle around him and he gave them a number. When he called out that number he wanted them to attack James. James did really well at blocking and then attacking back. Mr Shaw had them go through it twice. the second time he told the 5 people to go as fast as they could. It was neat to see James in action. :)
After that Mr. Shaw bowed them out and told them to come back at 9:30 the next day. (sat) So Saturday morning came and I went down with James and it started out the same they were bowed in and did a warm up. Then they started with board breaks. James did an awesome job here too but he did hurt his hand. He did 3 breaks a spin crescent kick, a punch and a flying side kick. The only board he didn't break was the punch and that's when he broke his hand. But he was still really stoked cause that was the first time he had done a flying side kick. He couldn't believe he broke through the board. :) I had to leave after that to attend a baby shower in Salt Lake but James said that after they had a 10 min break to get water and stuff then he had them line up and do sparring.
Usually with the tests that James had had in the past he has had to wait for 4 to 5 days before he found out his test results. but he said that right after class, Mr. Shaw and the judges went in the back and talked about everyone and their performances for awhile then came back and told them their results. James got a 4.6 out of 5 which is a fail. But he's very happy about it cause they told him the things he needs to work on and the area's he needs to improve on. So he's not bummed that he failed his review. I am very proud of him. :) If I can I'll try and post the some of the video of him. If I can't get that posted here Mr. Shaw has it posted on youtube under Mike Shaw's tae kwon do. I haven't seen it yet so I don't know how much he has there. Anyway Keep Smiling! :)

No comments: