Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A First for Everything

Making a ginger bread house is something I have wanted to do in a long time. This year when my parents came up to stay with us, my mom bought me a gingerbread house kit complete with frosting, house, and candies. They even had gingerbread snowman you can decorate then hang on your tree. I was really excited to make this little house. Finally I got some time and a chance to do it. I am very excited about the end results. I tried to make little icicles like the picture showed but they didn't turn out as pretty. But needless to say I am still very proud of our cute little ginger bread house. Here are some pictures. I was so excited that I took quite a few. :p

3 comments:

NikkiAWardell said...

I love Gingerbread houses too. My mom made them every year when I was growing up. Bob even got to take his birthday treat to school inside one since his birthday is on Christmas Eve...lucky boy!! We will probably be making one later in the month, I'll have to invite you over!! Yours looks cute!

Stitchnmom said...

I love doing them too. My Mother-in-Law sends us one to do every year. It was a family tradition that we try to continue!

le35 said...

I love doing gingerbread houses! We used to make them every year at my mom's house. I miss it.