Monday, December 15, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

This past Sunday, James and I had the chance to go to the blessing of little Ethan and it got me thinking once again about babies. They are so amazing. The first few months of a childs life is so simple...sleep, eat, get changed. But also very deep and meaningful. Before sacrament started, Ethan got passed over to my sister in law Lisa and we just watched as he just stared in a certain direction and then he would smile just a little. At that point it just made me wonder what it is that he could see that we couldnt. I told Lisa this too and she simple said "who knows, it could be anything." The blessing was beautiful and Ethan looked very cute in his blessing outfit. But throughout all the mingling afterwards and watching family members pass Ethan around my head was still buzzing on the things Ethan knows and could tell us if he could talk. I also thought of the many people he was able to get to know before he came down to join our family. What a great opportunity to be around this little guy. I am so thankful for the church in my life. I am so grateful for the priesthood and for the blessings we can receive through it. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants us to return to him. I know that Christ lives and is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church here on earth. I know that we have a living prophet of God and that he receives revelation from our Heavenly Father. I know all these things are true and can testify of them. This is only a part of my testimony that I would like to share in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

2 comments:

Stitchnmom said...

The bottles I used for my snowmen are little juice bottles I found in the juice isle at Walmart. The brand is "Tummy Tickler".

NikkiAWardell said...

I am glad you guys came!! It is interesting how these little spirits come with definate relations beyond the veil. With all my kids I was able to feel the spiritual influence thay had in our home, as if we were being visited at times by angels. With Abby and Ethan especially that feeling was very evident. When you take the time to listen and feel--the connection they have to the spirit world is very obvious. One of the many things that makes having babies so very rewarding!!