
This weekend we decided to get started for this Christmas season. Friday James and I went to the Ogden Christmas village. It's so neat in front of city hall they always have these fun decorations. All the tree's have lights on them and they have fun little houses all decorated for Christmas with fun thing

s inside.We saw everything from Jack Skellington, to a house full of nutcrackers to a Weber students dorm rooms decorated for Christmas in purple. :) It was a lot of fun. They also had a children's choir singing in the amphitheater out there. Santa was there so the kids could go see him and you can donate to shoes for tots by buying a cookie and some hot chocolate for $1.50. It was so great. If you haven't been to this fun little place It's a great way to have an inexpensive date night or family night. Everything is outside though so bundle up. :) We didn't have any cash to buy any hot chocolate and they didn't take debit cards. So after James and I went over to Village Inn for dinner. It was a great date night. James and I want to go back soon with some cash on hand and warmer coats. :) On Saturday after some cleaning and errand running, we had a chance to go to a birthday party for our nephew Nate. He had it at the Ogden ice sheet. It was a lot of fun. Nate had about 11 friends show up and some of the parents stayed for the festivities as well. We also had most of the family there too. Mom and Dad Armstrong came, Bob brought his girlfriend Amy, Justin's mom Barb, and of course Nikki and Justin. :p After everyone had some pizza for dinner and watching Nate open his gifts. we all took the kids out to get them skates and helped them put them on. Then everyone went out on the ice...even little Gavin. :) The kids had a lot of fun. It was fun watching them. Bob would take Gavin and skate really fast to get up to speed and then hold set Gavin's feet on the ice and hold him while they slowed. It was really cute. After a little while we got all the kids to come back in for some cake so any who wanted/needed to leave could. After the cake I decided to try and skate. James went and grabbed me some skates and after I had them tightly secured he he
lped me out on the ice and taught me how to ice skate. It was a lot of fun. I stayed close to the wall though the entire time and sometimes used it to push myself along. :) After awhile I got the hang of it and started to get farther away from the wall. I have to admit ice skating isn't as scary as I made it out to be..in fact...it's kinda fun. :) James and I even took Abby out, and the three of us skated around a few times. I felt bad cause I realized that I was using my arms a lot to keep balance and help propel myself forward. Which meant I was pulling little Abby all over the place. When I realized what I was doing though I was able to try and work on not moving my arms as much. :) It was a lot of fun...although I do have to say it hurts your feet quite a bit

. James had a lot of fun spending time with the family and kids and getting to know Amy a little more. After Nate's party we went home to decorate our little Christmas tree. This year our good friends Lindsay and Mark gave us these great end tables and armorer(Thanks again guys , we love them.) :). Plus we had brought our desk and computer upstairs so we dont have quite as much room as we did last year for a Christmas tree. My good friend Dawn told us that every year her and her family go to wendover and cut down trees and sell them. She asked if we wanted them to cut us down one and we said yes. they brought back a lot of beautiful trees but there was one that caught my eye it was the smallest one there and Dawn's dad said it got a little squished cause another trees fell ontop of it. But I loved it so I said it was the one I wanted. it's so small that it fit in the back seat of of Jeep. :) We were able to pull it out of the side door. Well so after Nate's birthday party we went home to our waiting little tree. James put the lights on while I decorated a fake tree that sits in our window. After the lights were on I set to work putting on the ornaments. After all was said and done Our cute little tree looked very festive. I got so excited that I took tons of pictures. :) I love out little tree. Sunday after church we headed over to Nikki's house for dinner were we helped her put up her Christmas tree. Gordy, Nikki, James and I helped form the branches and then put them on the tree. Then Bob, James and others helped put on the white lights and just when we started to get out the ornaments we saw Abby trying to put on her pink lights and realized we still had colored lights. So after all the colored lights were put on the kids got very excited to out ornametns on. It was a lot of fun watching them. They do what I do, (and I think James hates it when I do this...) when they would see a certain ornament they would tell all of us the story behind it. It was so cute to see them getting so excited. After all the hard work we all were able to step back and admire the tree. It looked really good. Even the Abby sized grinch that got stuck in the tree. :) We had a great weekend and it really helped to get us excited for this Christmas season and spending time with friends and family.

1 comment:
WooHoo...I love getting all Christmasy! Thanks for your help with the tree on Sunday. It is much more fun with people helping out than me just doing it by myself!! We LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas Village!
Post a Comment