Monday, August 10, 2009

Tender Mercies

This past week has been a little hard on James. He has had a difficult time seeing the good things in life. On Thursday he was really down in the dumps, so I had suggested that we take a walk. We didn't realize just how yucky the weather was going to get. So we started out and got to the nature park when the wind really picked up and started blowing all this dust and nasty stuff and it started to rain big heavy drops of water and I thought wow this is really not going to help his spirits at all...if anything it might make him more grouchy. but then I heard him say "Wow that is really beautiful." I looked up to see the sun peaking through the clouds and the sky was full of big dandelion seeds. there had to have been thousands, it was such a beautiful sight. As we rounded the corner James nudged me and said "Hey Kris there's your rainbow." Sure enough there it was. Not one but two. When I looked at James he was actually smiling... his first real smile in a couple days. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who tells us in his own way how much he loves us and that we are important and special to him.

No comments: