Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Well first I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the calls, e-mails, text's, facebook posts etc. I had a really nice birthday. Thursday James surprised me by staying home from work. We went to dinner at Costa Vida and then he took me shopping for some much needed clothes. Then we went and got ice cream and rented bounty hunter. It was a really nice night and so good to spend all that time with him. I dont get to see him a whole lot anymore because of work and school. I had Friday off so after a few errands, the dogs and I went up to Pineview to go fishing ( I was going to go to Causey but by the time I got everything I needed to I figured that would be to far.) After wrestling with my pole and losing a few lures due to my line snapping I thought it would be fun to have swim lessons with the dogs...they didn't like it to much but I though it was fun. It was nice to just sit in the sun by the water. I did get in the water but I don't like to fully go swimming alone so I didn't go much past my hips, I did get my pole working right only to look around and see Toto missing. After calling and looking around I wandered back up the hill to the truck and I found him in a panic running down the road. I didn't start to panic myself till he started running in the road and I saw a diesel coming. Luckily the car coming the other direction saw this too and pulled across both lanes and stopped. Her and the guy behind her tried to coax Toto to them but because he was in such a panic he didn't know where to go, He wouldn't even come to me. Finally with both lanes of traffic stopped a lady jumped out of a jeep and snatched him as he ran past. I was so relieved that he was ok. He was REALLY scared but other than that fine. Rosko watched all this from the bed of the truck. (I think he wanted to go visit the dogs at the house across the road, then didn't know how to get back to me.) After getting both dogs back down to the lake and putting Toto on the leash it was nice and relaxing again. I didn't catch anything, and I saw a few smaller fish swimming close to me the later it got, nothing to impressive the largest was probably only about 8 or 9 inches long but it sure was fun. I got a nice tan and sunburn too. After a few hours at the lake I packed up and headed home to get ready and go to my friend Karen's house. We had dinner and went to take advantage of an awesome sale Harmon's was having. She also bought me a cute shoe for my key chain. :) I love it! then back to her house for crochet lessons, the way she explained it made it easy to understand and for the most part I now know how to crochet. (you heard me right mom. :p) I always love spending time with Karen and her cute little daughter Danielle we always have so much fun together. :) Saturday was a nice lazy day which I loved, then later James and I had the chance to go to the temple and do some sealings. Sunday dinner was at Kim and Gordy's this week and I got to prepare the menu. :) Oh Yeah! We had shish kabobs, corn on the cob, steamed asparagus YUM! Red velvet cake and a homemade Carmel cake for dessert. Mom A. decorated the Carmel cake so cute too. I also got some awesome gifts from everybody including this book that I've been wanting to read for awhile but haven't worked up the guts to buy. Thanks Nikki! Over all it was a really great birthday weekend. Thanks again everybody!

No comments: