Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I want to become a shaolin monk.

Ok so the title is kinda a inside joke between James and I...let me just put it this way...Cheesy 80's movie. If you want a good laugh I would suggest this movie. Anyway that's not the point of this post. I actually wanted to update you a little on what's been going on in our life. Well I don't know if you remember but last Dec was the closure of James' martial arts studio. After that school closed he took a little time off to focus on school and to figure out what he wanted to do. After a month or so the search for another school started. James decided that he wanted to try a softer art. After a lot of searching and crossing off a lot of his choice's he finally decided on Kung Fu. So after the decision was made the search continued. Can I just say there a re not a lot of kung fu schools out there. Especially in the Ogden area. Well we narrowed it down to 2 one in downtown Salt Lake and the other in South Salt Lake. James and I visited both school and met the instructors for both. James did a free class to see what it would be like. Then the talking started, the talk was mostly about the cost of the different school and such. James decided on Master Lu's. The problem was trying to budget to see if we could afford the monthly fee. There is no contract which is super nice, so if we cant pay the fee then he can just practice at home or work something out with Master Lu. Well after we did our tax's and got our refund back we saw the opportunity and took it. So James once again has a school which we are both super excited about,.James absolutely loves it and it's been around for over 30 years so we are confident that it wont close soon. So I introduce to you James new school Master Lu's Health and Kung Fu Center. The man above is Master Lu. :) I'll keep you posted on how James likes it and anything else to update you on. :)

No comments: