Well James had his Tae Kwon Do Review for his test. After Mr. Shaw ran them through a warm up which was a little more then just warming up. Some of the people looked like they were going to drop dead in their tracks. I know I would have. :) Anyway after the warm up he had all the students line up and sit down on the edge of the floor then called them up and had them do forms.
Mr. Shaw would call out the form by the Korean name and they had ti know what form it was. He had James do 3 forms. The white belt form (chun ji) one of the black belt forms and another form. I'm only familiar with chun ji cause it's the form I'm working on right now. :) after everyone went through those he had everyone do one steps. Then he had a few people do demonstrations. He had James come up, and he had 5 random students come up as well. 2 white belts (who studied for years in a different form of martial arts.) and 3 orange belts (one of those studied for 4 years in shodokan) and he gave them a number and when Mr. Shaw would call out your number you had to attack James. It was neat to see. James did good.
After all that was done, it was late so Mr. Shaw bowed everyone out and said that they had to be back at 9:30 the following day to resume testing. So on Sat we went back. It started out the same with the warm up. Then they did board breaks after the board breaks I had to leave cause my niece Brieanna was having her baby shower and I wanted to go. But James said after the 10 min break they lined back up and did sparing.
Usually at the old testing when we were affiliated with the A.C.T.F. James had to wait a whole 4 to 5 days till he had to receive his results whether he passed or failed. But this time he said that Mr. Shaw and the rest of the judges went and had a meeting for a while. Then came back and gave them their results. Since this was his review he wasn't to worried. He said he got a 4.6 out of a 5 which is a fail. But he's happy that he had a chance to review before his test so that he could learn what he needs to work on. He did a good job and I am very proud of him. :) Oh I've added 2 video's that I took. One is the demonstration he did with those 5 people and the other is his board breaks. Also Mr. Shaw posted more of the video from the other students on you tube. If your interested in seeing that you can go to youtube.com and to a search for Mike Shaw's tae kwon do and it's there. well ta ta for now :p
No comments:
Post a Comment