Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Surprise Visit

This past Thursday (March 9th) after I got off work I was sitting at the dinning room table working on listing stuff in my boutique while Avery was watching a show when I heard the gate rattling. At first I didn't think anything of it because we can hear our neighbors opening and shutting their gates. But as it continued I realized that it was our gate, which was weird because there was still a couple hours before James got home. Turning to see who was trying to get in our gate I saw Dad fiddling with the latch and Mom looking like she was directing him. :p Dad said they had taken a "wrong turn" on their drive. :p But really he was tired of being cooped up in the house recovering from his heart surgery and they were both tired of the cold and snow and decided to make the trip. Dad has a hard time going up stairs so they stayed at Uncle Glenn and Aunt Norma's house. But it was nice to see them. Friday we went out to La Verkin to have dinner with Glenn, Norma, Mom and Dad. Then on Saturday we took them to Leeds to show them the two houses we are interested in and while we were there we checked out the historical CCC camp from the 1930's.
 I wish this picture could do this tree justice. It was struck by lightening and is hollow on the inside and even has a hole that you can see right through the tree. It was pretty cool.
 Glenn and Norma had plans with a friend so they left and we stayed with Mom and Dad while they went for a drive around the area and then back to Toquerville to look at some houses and lots for sale.
Sunday Mom and Dad came out and just the 3 of us took a drive out to Snow Canyon then to Diamond Valley and then I took them to Veyo and we did the Gunlock loop. James and Avery wanted to just stay home. Mom and Dad liked the loop, they thought it was really pretty; the road though was a little more bumpy then Dad and I liked though. Then it was back to home to relax and eat dinner before they went back to Glenn's.
March 13-17 is Spring break at Dixie this year and I had Monday off, so Mom and Dad came back out to our place and took Avery and I out to brunch at IHOP before running some errands. :) Mom, Avery and I went to Joann's to find some yarn for Mom while Dad just waited in the car resting. Avery had a fun time showing Mom all the different types of yarns in the various colors. :) She loved spending so much time with Grandma and Grandpa. Dad then wanted to go look at places out in Santa Clara area. They found this one lot that they really loved and looked at it/walking around it for a good hour while they talked to their realtor to find out information about it. After that both Avery and I were about done with being in the car. So they took us home and the plan was to go over to Glenn's after James got home. But after Mom and Dad left I really started to not feel well, Avery was acting up and when James came home he had a horrible migraine (which he rarely gets). So unfortunately we had to call it a night; after calling Mom and Dad to give them the bad news we went and grabbed a pizza for dinner and stayed in. Overall though we had a really great time and loved our surprise visit. :) It was great to see Dad up and moving and looking like he was getting back to normal.

No comments: