Today we headed home, but first I wanted to stop by Mesa Verde. I have wanted to take James here for years, and now I get to take him and my kiddos. While everyone packed up and got some breakfast, Avery and I went back to the train station to check the lost and found to see if someone turned in her bracelet. Unfortunately, it wasn't there. We gave them our information in case they find it; they said they could mail it back to us. After a quick picture at the cute horse statue outside the station, we headed back to the hotel.
The turnoff to Mesa Verde is on the way home and only 30 minutes out of the way. It was a beautiful drive. We reached the museum trailhead to the cliff house overlook. We got to see a movie all about the Native Americans who used the cliff house and surrounding areas. The museum was being renovated, so it wasn't as big, but it was still fascinating.
After the museum, we hiked down to the overlook to see Cliff House. I haven't been here in years, and it was still just as breathtaking as I remember. Unfortunately, we were not able to walk all the way down to the ruins like we used to. But it was still wonderful to finally share this experience with my family.
We drove around the park and stopped at various points to see more ruins and to also get a little closer to the cliff house ruins. Everyone loved spending that time there, but it started to get late and we still had a long drive home. The ride home went well, everyone was happy to be back home with lots of fun new memories to cherish.






No comments:
Post a Comment