Monday, August 15, 2011

Electric Avenue

I just wanted to share. Last night We had a really bad lightning storm hit Ogden. As far as I know non of the lightning hit. Thank goodness cause I was obsessed with getting a picture of the lightning and was standing outside for accumulated 45-60 min trying to do this. This is what I got.
I was facing to much to the rightTo highHere's a fairly decent one.
It was a lot of fun but then the rain started pouring down in buckets and I didn't want to ruin my camera. I am going to try again the next storm we get though. Like I said I am obsessed.

2 comments:

Brieanna said...

It's really hard to capture a bolt of lightening! So you did a great job! I've tried it before but didn't get one. If you change the exposer so it's open longer then that will help, but if you do that be sure to put it on a tri-pod or else you'll get a blur.

Katie said...

does your camera have a "bulb" setting? If so, that's the way to do it, but like Brieanna said, you will need a tripod. The ones you got are really pretty though. I love the color of the sky during storms.