So this past Saturday Weber State University was having it's Lagoon day. They had single day passes to Lagoon for $25 (usually $45) and a $5.00 all you can eat lunch. How can you beat that? So James and I decided to go. After I bought our tickets I found out that my sisters and their families were going too. YAY! So last Saturday was Weber Day. We got to the park and headed to the Weber tent to pick up our tickets and found my sister Nancy and her family SURPRISE! They were waiting for my sister Denese and her family. We headed into the park with them but broke off and told them that we'd meet up with them for lunch. We spent the morning together then headed over to the Pavilion where Weber was having their lunch. We got to sit and chat with the family. My nephew Addi and his wife came down from Idaho. It was a lot of fun seeing them The Peterson family is HUGE U of U fans and when the raffle started Addi turned to us and said "watch I'll probably win, why would I want a Weber shirt." Out of the 16 of us we were bound to win something. But as the raffle went on we all kinda went back to talking till Addi looked at his ticket and said "I won" very casually and got up. He got a Weber calculator that he was Thrilled (insert sarcasm here) about. As the raffle went on and dwindled to football tickets left Denese had her number called out. She got football tickets WAHOO! The rest of the numbers called and people started
filing out of the pavilion to enjoy the rest of their day. As James and I were sitting there all of a sudden an envelope with football tickets fell in front of me, as well as a Weber calculator. James started to laugh Denese said "it's in Sept against Sacramento. Have fun!" So we got free tickets and a free date night. THANKS DENESE! :) The rest of the day we spent with the Bleak's and Peterson's. We had a great time and got to go on a ride with everyone. Some of the Petersons left early, but we stayed till closing and then some, riding last minute rides and playing last minute games. I played one of those water shooting games and won a BIG green teddy bear. YAY!( he's cuter and a brighter green then what the picture shows.) I have never won the big prize before it was fun. We had a great day.
Thanks Petersons and Bleaks!
P.S. Sorry about all the pictures, I forgot my camera but I did get the 2 pictures with my phone. the one showing the turn of the century ride (swings) we were on the train when Addi and Tessa were riding that. So somewhere in that blur is family! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment