Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Abby Update
I wanted to Send out a warm THANK YOU! To all who have been sending thoughts and prayers Abby's way. I also wanted to say another big THANK YOU to all those who participated in the group fast for her. Well to update you she has been out of the hospital for a little over a week now. They still aren't sure what has caused the damage in her left ventricle but know that 50% of the tissue is damaged beyond repair. She is now seeing an adult cardiologist as well as all her normal doctors and a heart failure/transplant specialist. A heart transplant is looking a little more realistic but they are still hoping that it will be 1-3 years before that happens. She is wearing a life vest which is basically a defibrillator. It will shock her heart if it stops. They do want to put in a defibrillator/pacemaker actually in her heart very soon. Which they think can be done with a cath instead of another open heart surgery. So far this is where we left off. I have had a nasty cold for almost a week now, So I haven't been able to go around Abby cause anything even a cold could be life threatening to her. But if you would like updates you can become her friend on facebook at Abby's perfect broken heart where her and her mom give regular statue updates. Or you can check out her mom's blog HERE. Again a big THANK YOU to everyone for your love and support for our sweet little niece Abby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad that she is out of the hospital! That must be one strong girl right there! She was such a fun, spunky, cute girl down in Monticello. It's sad to think at how fast something could happen to her. I'm sorry she has to go through all of these horrible things. She will continue to be in my prayers. Good Luck Abby!!!!
Post a Comment