Thursday, October 29, 2015

Dessert Garden Fun and DSU Trunk or Treat

Saturday we realized that we have really been slacking on our time we spend out doors. So we decided to go to the red dessert garden and explore. It is a really neat park with dinosaur tracks and a man made stream to resemble the Virgin river. They have all the plants labeled and facts about deserts and desert living. It was a lot of fun and it was so nice to be out walking in the sunshine.
 This past Wednesday we had a chance to attend the Dixie State University Athletic Department Trunk or Treat (Wow that was a mouthful :p) Avery was a little afraid of some of the costumes that the athletes were wearing but had a great time overall. James was ale to join us for about 30-45 min before he had to head over to the Haunted House. (I mentioned that he got a job there right?) After he left Avery took a few laps up and down the football field getting all of her energy out which was fine with me ;) More energy gone the easier getting her to bed will do...at least that what I thought. :p She had a lot of fun, She was excited about all the different candy she got and would tell me about them after they got put in her bucket. :) She got to meet Rapunzel and get a picture with her and of course introduced herself to some other kids and made some new friends. :) Avery is REALLY good at that I love it. On a more serious note I also noticed some odd behavior from her; after reflecting on it I realized that Avery has anxiety. She was worried about walking in the parking lot because she would get hit by a car, she didn't want to walk on the side walk because it was to close to the road where there was a lot of cars driving. She was worried about the cars staying on the road because she didn't want them to drive on the side walk and hit her. Then she was worried about the people. Are they going to come in and get candy too, did that little boy/girl get candy, or will they take her candy. On and on at first I was just a little baffled and not gonna lie kinda frustrated about it. But after thinking it over and talking it over with James we really think she may have some anxiety. So I will be talking to our doc and see if he can recommend any good books or other research options so that I can learn how to help her recognize and cope with her anxiety. I am very thankful that this is something we noticed now so that I can prepare myself on how to help her and handle her as well as help her understand a little better about how she is feeling, what she is feeling and have more conversations about her feeling. If anyone has had a child I would like to know your input as well.

No comments: