Friday, October 23, 2015

Halloween Carnival

Avery's pre-school had a Halloween Carnival this past wed (Oct 21) I tried to get everyone's costumes done before the party but it wasn't happening. So I focused on getting Avery's finished and then James and I just dressed up as a pirate and a witch just for the party, I am going to work on all of our costumes this weekend to get them done and ready for next week. We were a little late but it really worked out for the better. There wasn't as many people there as I was expecting. Avery hopped right in and started finding her little friends to say hi to. James loved being able to see that, because I drop her off at school I am the one who gets to interact with Avery's teachers and her friends. It was fun to see how excited James was to watch Avery interact with her friends. Avery loved seeing all the different rooms all decked out in Halloween stuff. Every room had a fun game to play and then they got to go trick or treating to the teachers. They could play the games as much as they wanted, but they usually only gave them 1 treat. Avery had so much fun playing with all the games and seeing her friends. James and I were surprised that not as many parents and adults dressed up. Avery had made a cute cheese cloth ghost that the teachers had displayed in their room for the carnival. At the end of the carnival she got to take her ghost home with her. The second reason why I was happy we were a little late is because it was a pain to get her away from everything. It was a lot easier once they started closing everything down. It took a little while to get Avery calmed down after the excitement and the content of sugar intake. But we drove around and looked at Halloween decorations for a little bit and by the time we got home and ready for bed she didnt last long before she crashed. Which was excellent because James and I wanted to sleep too. by 9:30 we were all in bed and two thirds of us were happily snoozing and snoring away. :) It always takes me just a little bit longer to unwind, so I read until close to 10 before I fell asleep. Overall it was a lot of fun, Avery was still a little sleepy the next day and her teacher said she was one of the first to fall asleep which is not like her at all. :) She is usually the last IF they can get her to nap. :p

No comments: