Monday, March 11, 2019

The Wet Lands

Today we had two house showings almost back to back, close enough that we couldn't come home between the two. But far enough apart that we didn't really know how to occupy our time. James and I both were off work and he's been wanting to go to Eugene to visit the wet lands, so we figured this was the best time to do that. So after I got Avery off to school, she didn't know that we were heading out there because it was a bit of a last minute decision. When I got home from dropping her off, everyone was finishing up various tasks to make sure the house was nice and clean and we started talking about how we were going to kill the time. That's when we remembered the wet lands. So we packed up some snacks and a diaper bag and made the 2 hour journey to Eugene. We stopped on the way to get gas and picked up some chips and sandwiches for lunch before we headed on. When we got to the wetlands the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day. Kilian walked a long way before he wanted to be picked up. Dad and I took turns carrying him on our shoulders. The wet lands reminded James and I of the bird refugee in Brigham City. It was so nice to be out in the sunshine and I even made a new snaky friend. 😋. After the wetlands we headed to Kohls to use James' birthday gift cards and then grabbed some dinner before we made the 2 hour trek home. Overall a very beautiful day spent with family. I kinda wish we would have pulled Avery out of school for the day to go with us though.

No comments: