Our little man turned 3 today. I cant believe how fast he is growing up. With us being under quarantine I wanted to still try and make it special for him. So I was able to come up with a way to decorate the apartment. I did this the night before so when he woke up he would have a surprise. It sure worked Avery woke up before him and was so excited that she would have ran and woke him up if I hadn't stopped her. That's the last thing we needed was a grouchy toddler. When he did wake up he was so excited by all the balloons and decorations that were around the house. The kids spent most the day playing with the decorations. Then we took a special trip to the McDonald's drive thru for lunch and then went and said hi to Nona, Grumpy and Abby from the car. Kilian has a hard time understanding why he cant get out of the car and give Nona and Grumpy loves and play with Abby. But it was still nice to see them and they said they would come over later to see him...again from a safe social distancing distance. (blah, Covid Sucks) We headed home in tine to meet Daddy coming home from work. We had some dinner and then called all the family to have a little video birthday party. Avery showed everyone the decorations and then the cake. We decided to open presents first because Kilian was going crazy over all the wrapped packages. He got a lot of really great stuff from everyone. When we brought out our main gift for him which was his slide, he was so excited we almost couldn't tear him away from it for cake. however we lit the candles and got Kilian over and everyone sang Happy Birthday before he was able to blow out the candles. Everyone wished him some finally happy birthday wishes before we had some cake and let Kilian play with all his toys. Nona, Grumpy and Abby came over as promised, but they stayed down by their car and we talked to them from the balcony. Again Kilian had such a hard time with this and kept asking them to come upstairs. Overall though it was a really great day and he seemed to have a lot of fun. On a side note, I am pretty proud of the cake I was able to make for him. I had a vision in my head and it was executed pretty well I have to say.
Friday, April 3, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment