When I was little we use to take field trips and go up to Kennecott copper mines. I have a lot of fun and fond memories of going up there. For awhile the visiting center closed down because it was in the path of the mines expansion. Then companies, management and the name of the mine changed a couples time. But now they have opened back up to the public, so I was excited to take the kids up to see it. What I remember is a visitor center with a museum, a video explaining the smelting process of copper, a fun dig pit for kids where they could dig up pieces of copper, giant truck tires and so much more. With memories like this of course I was excited to share them with my kids. It wasn't quite like what I remember. Avery got bored pretty fast, but Kilian was loving seeing all the big trucks, excavators, and equipment. So it was fun to watch him and it was neat to see just how big and deep the mine has gotten.
After the mine we went to see the people who built their house to look like the one on Disney's movie Up and then we met up with my cousin Matt for lunch. Its been awhile since I've seen him so it was a lot of fun to catch up and introduce him to my kiddos. After we headed back to Shelly and Nathans to get ready for a family dinner and Denese's house.
We thought Denese was going to cancel with how stormy it was off and on, but it cleared up just in time. We were able to have a few hours of swimming fun and dinner before the storm rolled back into the valley. When we saw the lightening it was definitely time to call it quits.
No comments:
Post a Comment