Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Challenge Accepted.
My Friend Katie posted about peach days and one of the things she said she saw was the 10k run and now her and her husband are really excited for next year and they are training to run in the 10k next year for peach days. She encouraged any who were interested to join them. I have been thinking for awhile now that it would be fun to do a 5 or 10 k so this is a great opportunity. Thanks for the invitation Katie. :) I went home and talked to James about the 10k (since I basically volunteered him) and he was very excited about it as well. So to start our training and to get ready and in shape for this we decided that every Mon, Wed, and either Fri or Sat (which ever is better that week) we would go running. Last night was our first run and we had a lot of fun. We needed to get something at the store so as a warm up we walked to the store and around this pretty waterfall then we went home and got Rosko and since neither of us had a watch and we didn't have a pocket for the cell phone we didn't have a way to time ourselves on how long it took or to time how long we can run and walk for. (Katie's suggestion on her blog, walk 5 min run 5 min.) So we decided to run and block and walk a block till we could get a watch to time ourselves. So for the first block we started out at a fast walk to warm up our muscles. (and try to get all the liquid out of Rosko so he wouldn't feel the need to stop at every tree, pole, electric box, etc.) Then we started our run. I have to say I was a little surprised at how much fun we had. We didn't over do it and James stayed with me the whole time. Even though I was going a lot slower. He just seemed to enjoy it. The real challenge for me is going to be when the snow starts to fly. But I am determined to run with Katie and Troy at the 10k. We can do it Katie!!!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woohoo!! Wish I could join y'all however, I doubt after having a baby in October I will be quite ready for a 10K. Good Luck to you!
You rock! I know you can do it! :)
I tag you!!! Read all about it on my blog.
Post a Comment