Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween Fun

Well this weekend we had two Halloween parties. On Saturday we had the Shaw's annual Halloween party at the Tae Kwon Do studio. It was a lot of fun. James and I arrived super early cause we were so excited for our costumes this year. It was so much fun. There weren't as many as usual...but we still had a great time. The Shaw's family theme was Star Wars. Mr. Shaw was Darth Maul and Mrs. Shaw was Barriss Offee, Danny (the oldest) was General Grievous Hailee was Shaak Ti and little Jared was Yoda. :) The costumes were a lot of fun this year. We had a few pirates, the classic Dracula and skeleton the sort of classic scream guy and many more including the Mario brothers and a very big and burly lady (a guy named Greg Amstrem). :p It was a lot of fun we played games had food the kids broke a pinata and the ever popular costume contest and skit. Everyone goes out and does kinda a little skit or introduction of their costume in character. It was a lot of fun. James and I did a 360 this year for our costumes. The previous years we were Marc Anthony and Cleopatra. Then last year we were Link and Zelda. So it was nice to step away from the cutesy things and go evil. :) I was a Necromancer and James was an undead monk we think that it's called a Heresiarch. The kids were a little scared of us so after the costume contest was over we took our masks off. We did win the best costume though. :) James felt bad that we won but I was excited cause the prize was a really cool sword that I had my eye on for quite some time. :) I guess I'm kinda selfish that way.
On Sunday we had our family Halloween party and everyone got really into it this year it was GREAT. We had crazy foods like string cheese fingers, Ritz cracker spiders cheese balls that looked like pumpkins, a seven layer bean dip spider web, and coffins that had different types of chip and cracker dips in them. Plus we had the annual witches brew (homemade root beer). Everything looked so neat and festive. We had some great costumes this year too. We ate, played games, and gave out some costume awards. Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun. We didn't keep our masks on very long for this party either. Mostly because it scared Gavin. :) but also cause after awhile the make your face all hot and sweaty. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves and this is just the beginning of our Halloween festivities and fun. :) We have two more parties this week. Here are some pictures from the party...

Bob doing a little jig.
Cute little Gavin in his cowboy costume.
Even little Ethan dressed up for the occasion. :) Abby the Ballerina, Nathan the Jedi Luke and Rosko the frog. :p

2 comments:

earlh75 said...

looks like fun. I miss our parties we used to have. Your parents don't seem like there into it anymore. Either that or no one wants to do it...I want to.

Doodlecraft said...

Kristene, you guys so deserved that sword! Tell James I am so sick of our swords going to little kids with crappy costumes! Anyways, I was Barriss Offee...insignificant little padawan girl. Anyways, we are glad you come to our parties...we contemplated not having one this year, so we're glad you like them! But me, like an idiot, didn't even take your picture!!! AHHH--I could just scream!