Thank you to everyone for your wonderful questions and participation with CHD Awareness Week. I hope that this week has helped spread the word about CHD. Before I do my post about the winners of the contest I first want to answers the questions that I received.
Is there a reason why you are trying to help spread awareness? Do you know someone with CHD? Yes, my niece Abby was born with CHD she had to have surgery on her heart when she was just a little baby and is actually needing surgery again this coming summer. She has a leaky valve in her heart and it has gotten to a point where they need to get it fixed before it starts causing her more problems. Unfortunately I have been told her story numerous times but because of my forgetful nature...I cant remember all the details. But my sister has a wonderful web page about CHD at www.perfectbrokenhearts.wordpress.com
What do you do about CHD? If your pregnant get tested! Or if you have a baby get the baby tested. My sister in law read a story about a mother who had a baby and didn't know that the baby had CHD. They thought everything was fine, took the baby home and a few days later the mom was just feeding the baby when the baby's nose started to bleed. So get tested get your brand new baby tested and let people know.
Is CHD something you live with forever? Are there surgeries to get rid of it, or therapies, a cure? There are so many different types of CHD that I am actually not sure with some of the other types if surgeries and other things will help. But as far as I have heard, read, researches and our family experiences I do know that there are surgeries that can help. My niece Abby is going to be having a surgery to correct her heart defect.
How can I help spread awareness? Talking about CHD to your family, friends and anyone else you know. One of the best things you can do to help spread awareness is word of mouth. Just talk about it and let anyone and everyone know. Also the pins and the necklace that was apart of the contest you can buy at www.tchin.org and all the money goes to needy families that have a loved one with CHD.
Thank you again to everyone and I hope you have a great week. Please if you still have more questions please just let me know. If I don't know the answer I can ask or put you in contact with Nikki who knows TONS more than I do. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment