Monday, February 22, 2010

Musical Weekend

This past weekend was full of music, fun and surprises. :) First it was James' birthday and the whole family had pitched in to get him Rockband. Well after a lot of searching Mom Armstrong couldn't find it, but she was at Walmart and one of the workers was telling her that they weren't going to have them in for awhile but they had the Beatles Rockband and it was on sale. After much debating she grabbed that one but when she went to check out it rung up for $100 more than what the guy and the sign said. After going through the motions and talking to the right people she was able to walk out with Beatles Rockband for the price that was quoted her. (I just thought that was a fun story :p) So after weeks of hiding in Mom's closet the day finally came. James and I got home from work and After going through the motions of what we usually do when we get home Mom and Dad showed up and we started getting food ready. Mom told James that he could open his present when I say he can. :p So I told him that he could go ahead. He said he thought he knew what it was anyway, but we assured him that he was going to be surprised....he was. :p
(The goofy smile is because his picture happy wife made him pose in front of his new toy. :p) So after a inward debate about wanting to go set up his new game but not wanting to neglect Mom and Dad by not socializing we finally convinced him to go set it up while we finished dinner. Both dinner and the game were done at the same time and just in time for Nikki and the kids to show up...the rest of the night was music,food, and stepping away from the game long enough to sing happy birthday and have cake and ice cream. :) We had such a great time. A big Thank you to the family for the present and for coming over to spend a fun evening rocking out. :)

Then on Sat James had to go and teach his class, so while he was gone I did some deep cleaning of the house. When he got home it was more Rockband for awhile and we got to test out his Band Hero that he got for Christmas but was never able to play because we didn't have any instruments. Then it was showers and getting ready for a fun date night. We did dinner and stayed home and watched Surf's Up...which we were very surprised by...it was really a good movie. Because Fri was go go go and we knew Sunday was going to be the same. It was nice to have a quiet evening at home with each other. Sunday we had dinner over at our house. So after church we waited. :p Mom and Dad were the first to show up and then everyone else. Again the night consisted of food, music and fun...and a surprise visit from the Elders Quorum president. He was shocked to see so many people in our little house as well as the music and game playing. :) He joked and said "Wow who's party is it?" and was surprised when we answered that we were celebrating both Nikki and James'. It was a lot of fun. Again thanks to the family. :) After people started to leave and it started to thin out till James and I found ourselves alone, we decided to play a couple more songs and then off to bed. As we were going around turning things off and putting stuff away I received a weird call on my phone from a 00012345 number. At first I wasn't going to answer it Then I decided to and heard a weird little mans voice on the other line saying he was looking for a Kristene Earl...Since I haven't been called Kristene Earl for a few years now I almost so "nope no one by that name here" and hung up...but I didn't. I just said it was me...then the little old man asked if I would accept a collect call from Ecuador...Then i thought it sounded like my dad and i was about to ask why he was calling me but then I thought differently in case it wasn't him. So I said "uh sure?: Then I heard my Mom laugh and knew for sure it was them. It was so exciting to talk to them. James and I both talked to them for awhile. They told us about how they were using Skype and wanted to know if we had Internet so we could use it too...unfortunately we don't yet but when we do it'll be fun to use it to talk to them. I told them they were spoiled and not really on a mission. :) Dad said it did feel a little more like a vacation then a mission. :p Well after talking to them for about 45 min it was time to say goodbye so we could both go to bed. :) it was so good talking to them and SUCH a surprise. :)

No comments: