This year we had a chance to go to Monticello for Thanksgiving. We usually do a on year off year, meaning that one year we'll do thanksgiving with James' family and Christmas with mine then the next is Thanksgiving with mine and Christmas with his. It works out really well and everyone seems happy. :) After work on Wed. I was able to take Dawn out for lunch for her birthday. After lunch and a little shopping I drove home to grab our bags and the dog then headed back to Salt Lake to pick up James. The drive wasn't as bad as I thought. We barely missed rush hour, hit just a little bit of traffic because of construction and then smooth sailing the rest of the way down. It was good to be back in Cello with Mom and Dad, we haven't been down there for almost a year. Wed was just relaxing and enjoying everyone's company. Thanksgiving day was filled with food, fun, kicks, video games and more. So to start...from the moment we woke up we could smell food being cooked. (One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving.) The whole house was filled with the smells of onions and garlic being sauteed, fruity jello's being made a of course the turkey. It was so great, Mom was able to divide up quite a bit this year so she didn't have to cook as much. Now for the kicks part. We were all sitting around watching TV and Dad came over and started to tease me. He had my hands pinned and my head burrowed in the couch and he was tickling and poking my sides. So I did what any wife of a martial artists does...I defended myself. I was aiming for his side but accidentally round kicked my dad right upside the head. Luckily I was also just wanting to tap his side so it wasn't a hard kick...but enough to make him see stars. I felt so bad, he said it was ok and that he just needed a minute. My brother Preston thought it was hilarious and it kinda became the running joke for the rest of the trip. Dad was fine and he even joked about it too. Saying that he still could see blue and gold stars when he went to bed. Around 3:00 everyone came over with their different dishes of food and after a few more preparations and a lot of people in the kitchen we were ready. :) We all sat down and had a prayer and then went around the table saying 3 things we were thankful for. This was a tradition that we did when I was younger and I loved listening to what everyone said. I also thought it was a great way to remember what we truly are thankful for and all the many blessings the Lord has blessed us with. Then dinner was eating, laughing,talking, joking, Preston made sure that everyone knew what I did to Dad earlier that day. The food was awesome and there was more than enough that went around.
After the clean up, Loren (my brother in law) set up his X-Box and Rock band game while the rest of us looked through black Friday sales just for fun. The rest of the night was switching off playing the rock band game and playing cards at the table. The missionaries were able to join us later for some pie. I felt bad for the poor missionaries with all the music and games going on. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun this year, I love getting together with my family . :)
After the clean up, Loren (my brother in law) set up his X-Box and Rock band game while the rest of us looked through black Friday sales just for fun. The rest of the night was switching off playing the rock band game and playing cards at the table. The missionaries were able to join us later for some pie. I felt bad for the poor missionaries with all the music and games going on. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun this year, I love getting together with my family . :)
Yummy Pie!
What's this?
Yay! A new toy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment