So we left off with us at the tide pool with Gavin, Ethan, Mom, and Dad...

Ethan really loved this too although it was a little harder to let him touch the starfish cause we needed to keep them in the water. A few moments later everyone came back from their wet and wild ride. :p and boy were they wet. Abby was telling us how there was no maybe about getting wet. Apparently you go right through a waterfall. :p Nikki didn't seem to happy about being soaked through. So we decided to go sit and wait for the Shamu show...away from the soak zone. :p it did felt good waiting for the show to start. We weren't the only ones waiting. :p

The show started out with one of the trainers coming out to welcome everyone, to remind everyone for the umpteenth time. :p that anyone in the first 1 to 16 rows were going to get wet and then he talked about how grateful we are to live in a free country and how grateful the Seaworld and all it's workers were to the men and women who serve in our armed forces. he asked if you have or are serving in the military and their families to stand up. It was really cool to see all the people who stood up. All the families with their loved ones and those who served. We had two in or very own family. It was really moving. He then once again thanked them and everyone cheered. It was AWESOME! Then he left and a show started on the screens in the front. The story was about a boy he was sitting on the beach carving something then you saw a bunch of killer whales in the distance come up to surface. the boy ran and grabbed his boat and went out to sea as quick as he could and paddled close to this pod of killer whales. then one came up right by him and I didn't see a whole lot from there cause I was watching both the show and down below. Anyway I think there was this whole free willy thing. The killer whale jumped right by this kids boat. Anyway it showed a picture of this kid with the thing he was carving, a wooden whale tale that he made into a necklace. It showed him wearing that and then the trainer came running out and one of the whales came out a did a jump. :) Sorry I didn't get the little story right..but you get the idea. :)



Fun little spin



After this lady's performance all the trainers came out and had everyone out their hands in the air then link their hands together by their thumbs (like doing a bird shadow puppet) to make it look like a whale tale and then splash like a whale tale while chanting shamu, shamu. To get Shamu to come out...and get everybody wet. :p And sure enough...here he came.







This show was a lot of fun. Again I have tons more pictures and I will post them to facebook so if you wanted to see more. :) After the show Mom, Dad, James and I were very hungry. So we stopped at the shipwreck cafe for some lunch. Nikki, Justin, Barb and the kids went on to look at more stuff, while we ate. After we went to the aquarium and the headed over to the sharks to meet up with Nikki and the kids. The sharks were cool. you went into this building to find these "ponds" (I don't know what else to call them) full of all these sharks.


then you walked to where there was another moving walkway that takes you in this tube so you can see all the sharks above you. Well I really like sharks..I do...I find them fascinating...but I do get the heeby geebys being in an enclosed area with water and sharks all around me...I use to (and sometimes still do) have dreams about getting attacked by a shark...another reason I am so scared of the ocean. So I was doing good. remembering how neat this was and that this was sturdy and strong no way it would break. breath in breath out...then this lady behind me started talking about Jaws 3 and how the tunnel like this caved in and people were drowned (another fear) or "eaten" by the sharks...gee whiz thanks a lot lady. Despite my fear I handled it ok and even got a few really great pictures. :)




After the sharks we wanted to go to the Clyde and Seymour show. But the Wardell's had already gone so they went to go to something else while Mom,Dad, James and I went to the show. I had heard a lot about this show from Nikki and James and was really excited for it. While we waited there was this janitor (or so we thought) sweeping up some stuff in the front. Then we noticed something unusual about him. His hand holding the top of the broom was a prop. While his real hand was in his coat. He would squirt people with this little dolphin squirt gun or point to some empty seats through his coat...it was so funny to watch him. Then the show started. They had A Lot of fun stuff and I think this show was by far my favorite. They did a trick or treat skit, then they did a Halloween movie countdown with the wizard of oz, Star wars, Scream, Scooby Doo and then #1...Thriller. It was so fun. I loved it...they had this Cute little otter and the seal were fun.


After this show we just had a few more things we wanted to see. The Wardell family had gone home...I think the kids were either not feeling well or maybe they were just tired and had seen everything....I cant remember. So we headed over to the otters and saw them and the dolphins again.

James found out on our map that you can feed seals and since that was one of the places we wanted to see we thought we'd check into it. The feeding station was closed at first but while we were standing there it opened up. :) Yay! for $6.00 you could buy a tray with one big fish and then about 4 or 5 little fish...a little pricey but worth it to me. :) I bought 2 trays at first 1 for me and 1 for James but James didn't really want to feed them. The trainer who was there talking about the seals and giving us information about them told us to always keep the fish hidden even when your trying to feed the seals. She said don't dangle the fish cause all the birds around us want the fish to and will swoop down and grab it out of your hand...boy she wasn't kidding either. I barely showed one of my fish and dad and I got a face full of feathers. Luckily he didn't get the fish. there was this one seal who stayed right by with his mouth wide open and anytime I would try and throw it to another seal he would intercept it. greedy seal. :p

After those 2 trays were gone...I...uh...well I went and got another one.

I went to the other side to try and feed different seal. I had 2 fish I threw to a seal get stolen by a stupid bird. So I closed my hand around one fish and stretched my hand out. Finally a seal saw me and came right over and I was able to feed him all the fish from my 3rd tray. It was a lot of fun. They are so cute.


For some reason this stupid picture wont right itself but I think it's so cute and want to share it...so yeah it's facing the wrong way and will probably drive me buts but oh well. After the seals James wanted to see the eels and bat rays. So we headed over there. the bat rays were really cool. you could reach in and pet them which was a little scary but once you got over that it was really cool...the eels (as they always are) were funny and kinda gross looking. But we had a lot of fun petting the bat rays.

That was it, we saw everything we wanted to see at Seaworld. We stopped by the souvenir shop on our way out...Lisa asked us to pick her up a Shamu and a hat. So we picked up those things for her then James and I got a little something and I grabbed a few extra things for some friends. Then we started to make the drive back home...I tried to get a picture of the San Diego temple at night but it didn't turn out very well. When we got back to the condo we gave Lisa her stuff and made a fun discovery about the hat we got her. The reason it was so expensive is cause it lights up with these cute little white lights..kinda fun. James and I really wanted to go down to the pier. Well Mom said that Rudy's (the restaurant on the end of the pier) was still open if we wanted to go get something. So once again Mom, Dad, James and I all piled into the car and headed out...just down the street though. :p After we parked we were really close by the house that was filmed in
Top Gun and even though it was dark I wanted to get a picture of it before we left...so folks here it is. :p


The pier was neat there was quite a few people out that night...mostly fishing. So we walked to the end of the pier were Rudy's was and had us some shakes. If you ever go to the Oceanside pier during Oct. and go to Rudy's...get the pumpkin shake...seriously it tasted just like a pumpkin pie..only cold. It was SO yummy! After the shakes we watched the guys fishing for awhile. Mom and Dad said just before we came to Oceanside they were walking the pier when a guy caught a shark. All we saw was some tiny fish, Star fish and a guy who caught and threw back a stingray...which was still cool. Something funny about all this. James leaned up against the rail and Dad pointed out what he leaned against...was kinda funny.


After the pier we just went home, walked on the beach a little more and then went to bed. Lisa was kind enough to wash our clothes for us while we were gone to prepare for the trip home. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment