It was almost quite literally like a slap in the face I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Well mom showed us the room we were going to be staying in and I helped James in with the rest of the bags and then immediately went outside to get pictures and stick my feet in the water.
Well James and i just sat there and stared at the water. it was so pretty...and pretty soon our pants were soaked up past our knees. So we went and got in our suits and played in the water a bit. it was so fun. After I just went and lounged in a beach chair and talked to Lisa and Dad while I soaked up the sun. outside the condo we had our own private beach and then rocks and then the public beach. On the rocks were these seals and they had these holes in their mouths and I was wondering if they were for umbrellas or something else. Here is what they look like....
Okay so those are the seals...so here is the conversation about them... Me: "Hey Dad what are those seals?"
Dad: Concrete
Lisa laughs as I have a slight puzzled look on my face then recovering I laughed.
Me: "No I know what they're made of but what are they for."
Dad laughs realizing what I meant
Dad: " Oh..I don't know I think they are just decoration."
We talked about the seals a little longer but this has now turned into a funny joke with us. :) After awhile Nikki and the kids joined us and the kids did exactly what i did...migrated towards the water. After awhile they were fully in and having a blast with James and Mom at their side.


After I took these pictures I decided that they were just having to much fun and I didn't want to be left out. So I put my camera back down and went out to play in the water with them. I played out there till the kids got cold and went in and until James went in too. I stayed out there till James asked me to come in. :( I would have stayed longer but everyone was trying to get ideas ready for dinner. Well we decided roasting hot dogs and s'mores was the only way to go. SO I went to the store with Dad and Lisa to pick everything up and went back to start up the BBQ..we had a couple of mishaps..no matches no lighters...which was quickly resolved by lighting a piece of paper on fire from an already burning candle and light the briquet's and the wood for the fire. We had a lot of fun.

Here are some awesome pictures of the sunset that James took while I was away.
We also watched the Dodgers Philly's game to see who would face the Yankees in the World Series. It was a great game...and it will be Philly...we hope they win.
After we were done eating Nikki and Justin took the boys home. Because the two younger boys got to sleep over Abby wanted to. So tonight was her night for a sleep over. :) We watched movies and James and I took a stroll on the beach till we finally called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment