Before James and I met I thought I was a big U2 fan...until I met James. :) He always watched things about Bono and what he's been doing in the world, he's been to one of his concerts and James introduced me to the One campaign. (see the insert on the right under our pictures and stuff) Well I surprised James last weekend with tickets to the U2 3-D show at the Imax theater at Jordan Commons. So after work we met Nikki and Abby in the front loby of the college to go down to the show. Well before that I found a news article about another campaign that Bono started called (RED). This is a program that Bono started to help make the money needed for medication for the people in Africa. There are a lot of people in Africa who has Aids and although a cure hasnt been found there is a pill that can helpso that it cant spread to mothers with unborn children and it can continue to help them cope with this virus. All they need is 2 pills a day. Bono has teamed up with Bill Gates, Michael Dell and many others to help make this happen. They designed a new computer with the new Windows Ultimate program just for the red campaign. There are other big names that has helped out with this...Gap, Apple, Converse, etc. If you are interested in helping all you have to do is buy something. Thats it. If you have a need for a new computer, you could buy one from the red campaign and get a lot of fetures that most people wont have access to. Or if you wanted to go shopping at the Gap for a new shirt. There are some way cute shirts available under the red campaign that will help support this great effort. There is also a great interview with Bill, Bono and Michael on the (RED) website... http://www.joinred.com/ Isint it time we try to help make the world a better place? And what a great feeling of knowing that something as simple as buying a new shirt or pair of shoes can help give a person life by them getting the medication they need.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Wanting to help make the world a better place
Before James and I met I thought I was a big U2 fan...until I met James. :) He always watched things about Bono and what he's been doing in the world, he's been to one of his concerts and James introduced me to the One campaign. (see the insert on the right under our pictures and stuff) Well I surprised James last weekend with tickets to the U2 3-D show at the Imax theater at Jordan Commons. So after work we met Nikki and Abby in the front loby of the college to go down to the show. Well before that I found a news article about another campaign that Bono started called (RED). This is a program that Bono started to help make the money needed for medication for the people in Africa. There are a lot of people in Africa who has Aids and although a cure hasnt been found there is a pill that can helpso that it cant spread to mothers with unborn children and it can continue to help them cope with this virus. All they need is 2 pills a day. Bono has teamed up with Bill Gates, Michael Dell and many others to help make this happen. They designed a new computer with the new Windows Ultimate program just for the red campaign. There are other big names that has helped out with this...Gap, Apple, Converse, etc. If you are interested in helping all you have to do is buy something. Thats it. If you have a need for a new computer, you could buy one from the red campaign and get a lot of fetures that most people wont have access to. Or if you wanted to go shopping at the Gap for a new shirt. There are some way cute shirts available under the red campaign that will help support this great effort. There is also a great interview with Bill, Bono and Michael on the (RED) website... http://www.joinred.com/ Isint it time we try to help make the world a better place? And what a great feeling of knowing that something as simple as buying a new shirt or pair of shoes can help give a person life by them getting the medication they need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVE the Converse "Make mine RED" shoes. You get to design your very own Converse. They are a bit pricy--$60.00 but proceeds got to the RED campaign. SO awesome. I might order myself some for my birthday!! I already desgined my pair and saved them in my profile.
Post a Comment