Monday, February 25, 2008

Motherhood

Yesterday we found out that Nikki and Justin ( my sister and brother in law) are going to have another baby. So first off CONGRATULATIONS to them. :) Being around babies this past year with Gavin, Aleisha, Rebecca and Elizabeth (the twins I talked about in a last blog) and now another on the way. Has really got me thinking about motherhood and the role of being a mom. James asked me awhile back why I wanted to be a mother. I have thought about this quite a lot every time the topic of motherhood comes along. This may sound weird but I am looking forward to the experience of pregnancy and having a cute little new born.
Well last night it kinda of hit me how great motherhood is. The love that you hold for your own children is a great love just like the love that our Heavenly Father has for us. It's a great responsibility and also a great blessing. You have an opportunity to feel a little of what our Heavenly Parents feel, the joys of watching your little ones succeed, the love and pride that you feel. The pain you feel for them when they are sad or sick. It must be a great thing to hear your little child tell you how much they love you...or to hear them tell someone else a lesson you taught them. Motherhood probably goes even way beyond that. I will probably never know all there is to know about motherhood till I become a mother...and even then I think I'll have a lot to learn as being a grandparent. :p Thank You to all the mothers out there who take on this responsibility but see it as a true blessing. Thanks You for your example to me.
Congratulations again Nikki!!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Just to let you know, you still won't know everything there is about being a mother even when you are one:)I wish it happened that way, but sorry, it doesn't. You are going to be great at it though. You have a lot of great qualities that will make you a really good mom, plus you have so many great examples around you in your family. Your time will come, and you will rock at it. (Then you can help me learn how to do it right)