Monday, February 25, 2008

We Need Him!!

Well as some of you may know this month has been a little hard on me and I haven't been able to figure out why. James asked me the other day why I haven't been as happy in Feb. as I was in Jan. Well this got me thinking and yesterday ( I had a lot on my mind yesterday. :p) as I was struggling yet again and wondering why. I had a thought come to me asking what I have been doing differently this month compared to last month. Well last month James and I read our Scriptures and said our prayer every night. We had family home evenings, we went to church and we were nice to each other and complimented each other and focused more on the other person then on ourselves. Well in Feb. we haven't read our scriptures a whole lot, we don't pray as often as we should, and we haven't been attending our full meetings....when we go to church at all. Yeah I know you would think all of this would put up a red flag for us as to why we haven't been to happy lately. Last night though as I thought about all these things I told James about this thought and he said that that was probably why. So we decided that starting "now" (last night) that we would change all that and do all those things again. Well I couldn't sleep thinking about all this and the hymn I need thee every hour came to mind. We really do need our Savior every hour of every day. It's like that old seminary video about putting on the whole armor or God. When we don't do the things the Lord has asked..When we don't follow him and do those things that are right then we wont be happy. It says in the scriptures that wickedness never was happiness. Well I had always defined wickedness as a really bad thing...like Laman and Lemuel. But being wicked doesn't mean doing something extremely terrible like denying the prophet or rebelling after you've seen an angel. ( the whole Laman and Lemuel thing) It could just be when we don't follow the commandments of the Lord or at least strive to keep his commandments, that we could become "wicked" in a sense. What I'm trying to say is..the more good we try to do and the more we try to strive to do those things that the Lord would have us do the happier we will be. But if we give up in a sense and have an " I don't care" attitude. That's when we start to see a change not only in us but in those around us. Again I am sorry I have been so negative and down lately. But with my new acquired knowledge... :) I'll be back to myself in no time. ( I hope)
"Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed—yea, much more blessed than they who are compelled to be humble..." Alma 32:15

2 comments:

NikkiAWardell said...

Amen! It is so funny how praying and reading and studying scriptures and attending church is so easy to become complacent in. Obviously Satan knows if he can thwart those simple actions (and I admit they really are simple to do like taking a shower or eating every day) then we can't be drawing closer to God and if we aren't drawing closer to God, we don't just float in place...we are drawn closer to Satan!! Great reminder for all of us that we really do need our Redeemer every hour whether we accept him or not!!

Dawn said...

You're amazing Kristene!! I know that you will succeed with your attitude. Remember, everything has a positive. You're wonderful and I'm glad that you may have found the source of your unsettling feelings. You are loved and the Lord will take care of you!!