Friday, March 26, 2010

After 2 years...

In all honesty after 2 years of trying to get pregnant without any success. I was a little sick of getting so upset every month when I found out yet again I wasn't pregnant. So when I was late this month but not quite late "enough" I didn't think anything of it. On Tues. I had a faint thought that maybe but then I brushed that away, but it was still on my mind. On the 24th I realized that it really could be a possibility but again i kept pushing the thought aside. But something kept saying. So wed night I had this feeling that I Really should just take a pregnancy test and I thought fine I'll take the stupid test and then when it comes back negative I'll be all sad and depressed but it wasn't a big deal cause I'll get over it like all the other times. So I was pretty excited to see that the test was.... POSITIVE!!!! :D I had to check at least 5 times to make sure..and read the instructions again. I told James I wanted to go shopping and he looked at me kinda funny and said..."right now?" (I hadn't told him yet) i said I wanted to walk more and was interested in looking at pedometers (which is true) I went to Shopko right next to a Babies R Us and asked if we could go in and look. He reminded me that I shouldn't get my hopes up and from what i thought I saw he was preparing himself to face a sad wife when we left. I started looking at cribs and asked him how he thought we should decorate the nursery. He gave me one of those "you shouldn't do this to yourself" looks then I handed the test to him. He first asked what it was and then said "does that mean it's positive or something." It SURE DOES. :):):):) He was pretty struck but very excited. He said he felt more relived at the moment. I am almost 6 weeks along and the due date is Dec 1 :). YAY!!! I'm so excited and cant stop smiling.

9 comments:

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

oh yay that's so exciting! The time was finally right for you guys! So happy it finally happened and wish you the best with this pregnancy.

The Jensens said...

I am so happy for you and James. You two will be great parents. We cannot wait for another little addition to join the family.

jer and lous crew said...

congrats girlie...i'm so happy for you...babies are WONDERFUL and after they get here you wish you hadn't have worried about it so much...they come when they are ready...and it just so happens that the Lord knows best for them and us...been there...so understand...loves and again i'm soooooooo happy for you and your hubby...take care

NikkiAWardell said...

congrats!!!! So exciting!!!:)

Stitchnmom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome!!!

Erin said...

Congratulations, I am so excited for you and James. Let the adventure begin!

le35 said...

YAY!!!! Doing a happy dance for you.

Katie said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! I am giggling:) That's awesome.

Anderson's said...

YIPEE!!!!!! Now the fun begins!!