Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!!! :)

A couple years ago I did a post on the origins of St. Patrick's day, but this year I thought it would be fun to share stories of past St. Patrick's day, I was going to add a prize but I couldn't think of a good Irish prize to give so sorry no prize this time just some good ol' fashion story tellin of past memories. I was thinking of past St. Patrick's day's and I have a lot of memories of elementary school covered in leprechaun feet (green paint done by the teachers) and how the leprechauns hid treats for each teacher for their students to find usually in their pot of gold. :) Oh and how kids would search out those kids who forgot to wear green that day and pinch them as hard as they could....still the reason I wear green every St. Patrick's Day. :p (Getting pinched hurts) It always seems like that to me, St. Patrick's day seems likes it's mostly celebrated by either kids or the people who go out to bars to drink green beer or radio stations who have their listeners do crazy things for tickets and other prizes. But one year when I worked at unisource in Washington (the real life version of Dunder Mifflin. :p) we decided it would be fun to celebrate St. Patrick's day, so taking those memories from elementary school we covered the walls with cut out leprechaun feet that lead to various locations in the office where people would find green donuts and drinks and other little fun prizes and we had a fun little St. Patty's day luncheon. It was really very fun and everyone had a great time and that is probably the most I've ever seen people wear green in an office. :) It was great. K now it's your turn...What fun memories do you have of celebrating St. Patrick's day? Cant wait to hear about them.

1 comment:

NikkiAWardell said...

Fahrenheit 451....love that book...so much symbolism!!! I always love the symbolism!!:)